Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC mag pouches

I mounted some Blade tec pouches on a safariland  paddle with a dropped offset adapter in the middle so my basepad isn't in my armpit...

For my .45, at first I was using P90 mag pouches, but they sucked, so I mounted a pepperspray pouch on a tec-loc.   I found that a couple of rare earth magnets on a tech-loc work just as well.

• 1 month later...
On 06/13/2017 at 10:25 AM, longbeard said:

Whenever you can use Ghost pouches, I recommend it.  They are inexpensive, and can easily be used for many different pouches.  Plus, they are smooth to draw from.

This is all true.  However, I have broken a ghost pouch when I didn't stop fast enough and hip checked a wall. It cracked around the single screw that holds it to the belt attachment.   A different pouch may have also failed, but just saying. 

54 minutes ago, SJan said:

This is all true.  However, I have broken a ghost pouch when I didn't stop fast enough and hip checked a wall. It cracked around the single screw that holds it to the belt attachment.   A different pouch may have also failed, but just saying. 

Ooh, OOh, I know this game!!!  it's called lets detail all of the ways we have found to break our stuff...I am a MASTER at this...  LOL.!   30-40-50 round PCC mags do tend to exhibit a certain amount of torque on poor unsuspecting pistol pouches...  I have ripped a couple of pouches clean off the mount with long mags.  Especially those grease gun mags, they are HEAVY!!  I have also goobered up the angular adjustment on a safariland mag pouch.  

Yesterday, I ordered a couple Ghost 360 Hybrid pouches from ShootersConnection. They were only $14 ea. What's the diff. between them and the regular Ghost for $23?  The pics looked the same. I assume they only come with the regular pouch, and not the bullets out pouch.

• 1 month later...

Like Garrett, I made my own. Once you invest in setting up a kydex press, the usefulness will surprise you. I have made pouches for my Colt- and Glock-mag AR15/9 PCCs, and for an M11/9 subgun, and for the Sterling PCC that I will be running in Classic Division at the AZ State PCC Championship, and for the AK that I will be using at Red Oktober. I have made pouches for family and friends, and most recently lent the press to a friend to make his own stuff. Well worthwhile the small investment of time and $$$.

11 hours ago, mahamoti said:

Though I guess the magnet only works for us Colt folks.

Nope.  The magnet also works on Glock factory magazines.  

So far I've only needed the magnet for one stage this season.   But I did stick a metal key ring on my chamber flag and use the magnet to hold it during the COF.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
On 6/13/2017 at 8:51 AM, MHitchcock said:

Curious what everyone is using for mag pouches for PCC. I have some random old safari land glock pouches I've been using. Looking for something different. 

For my Colt style 9mm PCC, I use the Springfield Armory double 45 acp mag pouch that came with the pistol kit.  It's free and works great for the long Colt stick mags.

8 hours ago, mahamoti said:

Neat.  Shooting buddies have tried and failed to get it to work with their assembled Glock big sticks.

My magnet is the one that comes attached to a DAA Racer mag pouch.   The pouch sits on my belt just below my belly button and oriented so that the magazine is almost horizontal (that puts the magnet on top).  My Glock big sticks are the 31 rd factory mags with the Dawson +5 basepads (now holds 36).  Placed on the magnet with the bullets up, it sticks pretty well.  To remove it you have to slide it off the magnet.  Just pulling up won't do it.

All I've used are factory mags with metal liners.  Is it possible that your shooting buddies are using aftermarket mags with less metal (or no metal) lining?

• 2 weeks later...