Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Dillon shellplate for 38 Super Comp

Idoktr

I assume you are asking about 38 Super Comp, and not 38 Short Colt?

Anyway, for SuperComp I've had the best luck with the .223 shell plate (#3 I believe).  With the 9mm/38 super shell plate i'll get cases pulled out of the shellplate on the resizing station.  I've read that others have not had this problem.  

On 6/12/2017 at 3:58 PM, dillon said:

what machine are you loading on? The 1050 machines use a shellplate specific to Starline 38 Super Comp. All other machines use the #3 shellplate.

I have an RL1050 are you saying there is a specific Starline 38 Supercomp shell plate for that? I'm currently using the 38 Super shell plate to load SC with seemingly no problems, though I do have he 223 plate I was going to swap to eventually.

jeff

We used to use the #3 shellplate for 38 Super Comp. We found enough variation in rim and extractor groove dimensions among the various manufacturers that we developed a separate shellplate for the cartridge. We feel this better serves our customers.

On 6/19/2017 at 1:55 PM, dillon said:

We used to use the #3 shellplate for 38 Super Comp. We found enough variation in rim and extractor groove dimensions among the various manufacturers that we developed a separate shellplate for the cartridge. We feel this better serves our customers.

What is the part number for a S1050?