Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What positions are legal for a holster in CO?

JesseM

I haven't shot many competitions lately (Maybe 1 match total in the last two years.) but I have been giving some though lately to returning to give CO a try now that they removed the mag restrictions; the idea of putting a red dot on a gun and running 20 rounds of 9mm sounds like fun to me that the sport was lacking for me previously.

I have been thinking I would build a legit carry gun as in something I would actually carry like a Glock 19 and I would actually carry that AIWB so that would be my preference for where to put the holster. My question is would it be legal to carry AIWB? And if not is it because of the position on the waist? If that was the issue could I just carry OWB but at around the 1 oclock position on my belt?

1 o'clock is a no-go ... But if you're willing to move it behind the hip bone (as required) I see no other reason you could not use such a holster.  (Unless I'm missing something here ...)  Refer to the rule book and see if what you want to use, and where you want to place it complies. 

1 hour ago, JesseM said:

Bummer. Oh well. Guess I'll continue my streak of not shooting

If you just want trigger time with your carry rig, put it where you want it and shoot in the appropriate division. In the CO case, that would be Open. If you want to win, get the right gear for the game. ;)

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If you just want trigger time with your carry rig, put it where you want it and shoot in the appropriate division. In the CO case, that would be Open. If you want to win, get the right gear for the game. ;)

This. If all you are wanting is the trigger and fun time, put your holster where you want and shoot open.

I want to maintain the illusion that I might win and putting me in open throws that out the window. I"m struggling to find things to do to get me back into it and I keep failing.

Edited by JesseM