Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rest

cbrussell

I am interested in installing a thumb rest on my 2011 Limited gun. What users recommendations? I am hesitant using the slide stop replacement type but perhaps needlessly. Which one offers the best thumb location?

Thanks.

Location is a personal preference. I can not use the slide stop tr as it is too close. I have tried several and settled on a gogun. It is highly modified and does not resemble what it used to look like. I cut the wing off, narrowed the pad and changed the angle as it was too vertical. 

Edited by echotango

I use the RHT, which is for an open gun. But I cut down on old scope mount to use as a mounting base and thumb shield. By doing this, placement is variable. 

IMG_1039.JPG

Edited by scooterj

Short thumbs here.   Tried Go-Gun,  just did not feel right.    Nitro-Fin.  Like it, a little flat, needed to trim the bottom

corner for weak hand.    Phoenix Trinity---a touch further back and more vertical.   It's what  I'm using now--with a 

little patch of skateboard tape on it.  

Have a nitro fin on my limited Gun. At first I inadvertently hit it to make it go into slide lock. Emailed them and they told me to drill a detent hole on the nitro fin. Works great now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I think I have settled on the GoGun *thumb rest [generic]*. My question is what the optimal 

location? What reference point is used for the installation?

You need to play around with it, everyone is different. I'd suggest mounting it in the middle position with 2 screws and then shoot a few matches moving the *thumb rest [generic]* forward and back until you find the "Goldilocks" position (just right). I use a 90 degree mount so I had to modify the pedal a bit to allow for C-More adjustments. It looks like a lot of stuff jammed on the left side of the gun but I adapted fairly quickly.

go gun 1.JPG

go gun 2.JPG

As Bkreutz said, the ideal position is different for most everyone.  I tried the g@$s ped@! and the DAA version and could never find the ideal spot.  I tried the PT Thumb Rest Slide Stop and it's perfect for me.  You'll just have to try it out in dry fire and adjust as you go.