Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex holster for my 2011 limited

Noah my boy

Need some advise on a holster for my DVC 2011 with a SV grip on it.  Been using race holsters from the start.  I am a master class limited shooter and have and my race holster jack me up in to many stages. Want a good kydex to use thats a good start. Not sure what blade tech and comp Tec are.? Any adivise would be helpful or used holsters let me know:)

Is there a material difference between a Red Hill and a Blade tech Black ice?  Just curious of the pros and cons of the different race kydex holsters.

I've heard yes, I don't have the RHT in hand to compare yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Blade tech DOH is the standard.   I actually prefer its plastic belt attachment for the little bit of flex it offers,  over something like the Boss hanger.

Kydex holsters for use in USPSA have evolved over the last few years. There are two primary parts you'll need to consider: The belt attachment and the kydex "pouch" itself. 

A rigid belt attachment is very important to getting a clean draw with no flexing of the holster. The BOSS hangar from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop and the Red Hill tactical belt hanger are both great options that do pretty much the same thing. The Blade Tech DOH attachment is made of injection molded plastic and tends to have a lot more flop than the aluminum hangars. 

For the kydex pouch, Blade Tech has been the standard for a long time. They make a good quality kydex pouch and have immediate availability for most models. Red Hill Tactical is a relative newcomer, and make a double-layer pouch that is even more rigid than the Blade Tech. I recently got a RHT holster for my Shadow and am very happy with it. They also have significantly more customization options to choose from. The downside is that you'll probably have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

I'd recommend trying to buy a hangar+holster package from BSPS or RHT. Good luck.

I was slightly faster out of Kydex than a race rig in USPSA Limited as I could go for the gun more aggressively. I felt more confident, and once you groove in the draw stroke properly, can be very consistent. I was always tip toeing around grabbing the gun in my CR or Limcat, Ghost, 011, etc. I yes I did drop guns from more than one of those race holsters. Usually between stages.

Hello: Get a Blade Tech with the DOH attachment. I know many very good shooters who use them and are very fast with them. Then if you decide you want something different you will then know what to look for. I like the standard Stingray attachment for a 1.5" belt. It is non adjustable for belt size but very stable. I also like the TekLoc if you want to remove the holster and put it back on. Thanks, Eric

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...