Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from western Kentucky

kgorbo

Hello, I've looked on here a few times before and decided to join up. I'm in paducah KY, I like to compete in it all, USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challange, PPC, turkey shoots, you name it. 

I shoot with a couple of buddies all the time here in paducah. If anybody's near paducah let's get together and rage out. Im on IG as well, same name. ??

Edited by kgorbo

14 hours ago, kgorbo said:

Any good matches around Lexington?

Yup, BGSL (Blue Grass Sportsman's League in Wilmore) has outdoor USPSA matches every first Sunday, they have outdoor IDPA matches every third Sun (I think) and other outdoor matches (Steel, I think) during other parts of the month.  Best to check out their calendar on their website to confirm.  http://www.bgslinc.com  

I also know that Bud's did some kind of indoor competitions during the week, but I haven't been able to find anything on that lately, so I don't know if they are still doing that or not or what type they were/are doing.  You would have to call them.  

And S&D Indoor Range (next to/behind Semper Fi Firearms in Nicholasville) holds indoor IDPA matches every Thursday night.

That's all I'm aware of currently from doing my research upon getting into USPSA and doing a search.  I do know that the BGSL USPSA is a good one.  I haven't been to any of the IDPA ones as of yet, nor to Bud's or S&D Indoor.  I hope this helps ya a bit.

6 hours ago, R1_Demon said:

I also know that Bud's did some kind of indoor competitions during the week, but I haven't been able to find anything on that lately, so I don't know if they are still doing that or not or what type they were/are doing.  You would have to call them.  

And S&D Indoor Range (next to/behind Semper Fi Firearms in Nicholasville) holds indoor IDPA matches every Thursday night.

Buds no longer does any competition style anything in their range. They even took out their reactive steel range.

S&D does IDPA Tuesdays as well but the stages are the same.

Also Rockcastle is in Bowling Green Ky and if you are coming from Paducah it will be closer. They hold all kinds of matches 3gun USPSA precision rifle cowboy etc.

Wow, really?  Bud's even took out the reactive steel?  I wonder why.  It seemed like a lot of people liked that side of the range.  Weird.

I appreciate the heads up on everything though. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 1:23 PM, R1_Demon said:

Yup, BGSL (Blue Grass Sportsman's League in Wilmore) has outdoor USPSA matches every first Sunday, they have outdoor IDPA matches every third Sun (I think) and other outdoor matches (Steel, I think) during other parts of the month.  Best to check out their calendar on their website to confirm.  http://www.bgslinc.com  

That's all I'm aware of currently from doing my research upon getting into USPSA and doing a search.  I do know that the BGSL USPSA is a good one.  I haven't been to any of the IDPA ones as of yet, nor to Bud's or S&D Indoor.  I hope this helps ya a bit.

It's seems like all the USPSA's are in central KY/ eastern KY in this state. 

The closest USPSA to me is in Dexter MO and its an hour and 15 away.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:33 PM, sam_b said:

Buds no longer does any competition style anything in their range. They even took out their reactive steel range.

S&D does IDPA Tuesdays as well but the stages are the same.

Also Rockcastle is in Bowling Green Ky and if you are coming from Paducah it will be closer. They hold all kinds of matches 3gun USPSA precision rifle cowboy etc.

I've heard Rockcastle has good events, I've been wanting to make it there one of these weekends

On 6/23/2017 at 0:22 PM, kgorbo said:

I've heard Rockcastle has good events, I've been wanting to make it there one of these weekends

They really do. Uspsa is always a good time, I just wish they held a monthly 3gun match. Their rifle matches are pretty good from what I hear.