Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting up mag pouches... being left handed sucks... ?

Setting up my rig for the first time and had to take apart the DAA racers and set up for left handed. Also had to swap the pressure pad because I'm gonna use a Glock...

Question is.. how do they go on the belt... this way? all 5 behind the hip bone right?

Sorry for newb questions. Don't really have anyone local to ask.

Weev-

IMG_7880_zpspooasw1f.jpg

IMG_78811_zpsblyce5ag.jpg

22 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I like them vertical. Spread them out more though - you don't want you fingers to accidentally pull mag #2 loose while drawing the front one. Just 1/2" or so of space between them is a big difference.

Thanks for the advice. Your right, feels better now.

IMG_7891_zps6gbw6beh.jpg

2 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

My first 3 are vertical, my 4th and 5th are angled towards me.

Seems most are vertical and then a few are preference.

i only got 4... was gonna put a mag in my pocket. Is that good or am I just gonna need a 5th pouch and just buy it now?

Thanks for all your guys help!

Just now, Weever82 said:

i only got 4... was gonna put a mag in my pocket. Is that good or am I just gonna need a 5th pouch and just buy it now?

Can't use the pocket.

Look at your courses of fire. Mine I could get away with usually just 3 mags including the starting mag. I just carry all 5 to get used to the weight.

I angle because I'm pretty skinny, and if I reach to the back, then I'm pretty much forced to angle my hand.

No pocket? Dang... maybe I'll just grab another to be safe or have a spare if one breaks.

i was honestly worried I wouldn't have enough room before the hip bone. I'm a pretty little dude. Lol 

Edited by Weever82

Mags drawn from anywhere besides the belt = you shoot in Open division. Stupid rule since I'd gladly have all the other Production guys try to fish mags out of pockets on the run.

If your local match adheres to the rules properly, you can usually make 4 on the belt and one in the gun work well over 90% of the time. That said there are times that a 6th mag is an advantage.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

15 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Mags drawn from anywhere besides the belt = you shoot in Open division. Stupid rule since I'd gladly have all the other Production guys try to fish mags out of pockets on the run.

If your local match adheres to the rules properly, you can usually make 4 on the belt and one in the gun work well over 90% of the time. That said there are times that a 6th mag is an advantage.

5.2.4 During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel pocket(s) and retrieve and use them, providing that the location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).

In production and single stack you can have mags in your pockets, but if that pocket is in front of your hip bone and you use the mag your in open. Back pocket is good to go

16 hours ago, Weever82 said:

You can use a pocket to store mags as long as the pocket is behind your hip bone. 

3 minutes ago, Kraj said:

You can use a pocket to store mags as long as the pocket is behind your hip bone. 

I was just hoping to keep 4 loaded on the pouches.. then pull out a magazine from my pocket when at the starting stage. So I still have 5 mags. If that makes sense 

I was just hoping to keep 4 loaded on the pouches.. then pull out a magazine from my pocket when at the starting stage. So I still have 5 mags. If that makes sense 

You can do that to load with unless I'm missing something in that rule just quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Weever82 said:

Thats permitted. Most of us do exactly that. You can produce a magazine from anywhere at load and make ready - as long as the timer isn't ticking yet, you're a free man.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Thats permitted. Most of us do exactly that. You can produce a magazine from anywhere at load and make ready - as long as the timer isn't ticking yet, you're a free man.

Perfect! I still might buy an extra if one breaks but gives me a few pay periods in between. This crap ain't cheap. Ha 

Thanks for the clarification, I thought that was the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear this information... I'm new to the game as well. I planned on using five total with the start mag in a pocket. Glad to hear its G to G. I did discover by myself (quite by accident!!...) the necessity to keep them positioned a distance apart. Its terribly embarrassing to grab for your first reload and hook the second mag with a finger and pull it free... only later to realize that you dumped a full mag on the ground... :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, hobbit99 said:

I'm glad to hear this information... I'm new to the game as well. I planned on using five total with the start mag in a pocket. Glad to hear its G to G. I did discover by myself (quite by accident!!...) the necessity to keep them positioned a distance apart. Its terribly embarrassing to grab for your first reload and hook the second mag with a finger and pull it free... only later to realize that you dumped a full mag on the ground... :rolleyes:

Trial by error, my friend, trial by error.  :blink:  I'm sure most everyone has done it or almost done it at some point.  Unless they read it here first and got lucky and avoided it by someone else's experience.  :goof: