Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Frame pins loose

mgunner

I have a lightly used Glock 34 and dropped in an Agency Arms flat trigger (love it by the way) but after shooting a relay or two, the frame pins start to come out. 

Do i need to upgrade them to metal ones or do i have something else going on?

Sorry if this question has already been answered. 

Edited by mgunner

It sounds like it must be common because there are a lot of people who describe the same phenomenon. some say it can occur from mixing up the pins (metal uses metal pin, polymer uses polymer pin)

some attribute it to manhandling or just plain old overuse

with respect to fixing the problem:

i've read others describing coating the pins with clear nail polish. probably the easiest to try first (well along with calling Glock)

I've also read about commercially available oversized pins, a number of companies sell them like Glockstore, Zev, Taran's shop etc.

I've also heard others Even others mention peening the pins.

Personally i'd probably call Glock customer service (i'm told they're great).

Please let us know how it works out.

Edited by wanttolearn

Since its the weekend i'd try the nail polish first and call the on Monday ( before spending any money on new pins etc...plus it gives Glock a record of the problem so they can't blame any subsequent problems from non stock parts on you).

make sure the nail polish is very dry before putting it into the frame to eliminate any solvent issues

Edited by wanttolearn

If you feel brave, put the pin in a padded vise and gently squeeze. This will make us slightly larger and a snugger fit in frame. I would only do one end. 

Alternatively you could dimple one end of the pin with a prick punch to achieve the same result. This is the method I use to "stretch" parts. It works very well. 

Nail polish is temporary at best. Especially if the pin has any oil at all. It will increase pin diameter until is chips away.  

• 2 weeks later...

Curious about your end result.  I've put 15k rounds through both my G34's with no issues.  I break them down completely after each match so if the pins were going to be lose I assume it would have happened by now.  Moreover, they were purchased nearly 2 years apart so it's not like I just bought both from a "good" batch.  If Glock can't help, I know there are several companies selling aftermarket pins and would wonder if the diameter of said pins is any larger than stock.  Maybe a fix if nothing else works.

I did what Practical Man suggested.  Both of my pins walked on my g34.  Took both pins to work the other day and flattened one end of each pin on a vise.  Not much just a good squeeze.  Shot my monthly match yesterday and both pins stayed put.