Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Revolver; 8 shot minor ok?

nkrustev

Hi guys,

I am reading the rule book for IPSC Revolver division and cannot find anything anymore about mandatory reload after 6 shots. Have they changed the rules recently?

Is it ok to shoot an 8 shot 9mm revolver without reloading after 6 shots now?

Thanks dudes.

3 hours ago, nkrustev said:

Thank you for this. I am actually asking about IPSC though. 

It looks like they changed their approach on this:

From 2016:

Special conditions:
14. No limit on cylinder capacity. A maximum of 6 rounds to be fired before reloading. Violations will incur one procedural penalty for each shot in excess of 6 rounds actually fired before reloading.

2017:

Special conditions:
14. No limit on cylinder capacity. Revolvers with a capacity of 7 rounds or more do not qualify for Major, even if rounds achieve Major power factor during testing by chronograph.

It looks like you are free to hose with your minor revo!

From the marked up 2017 rules on GV:

Special conditions:
14. No limit on cylinder capacity. A maximum of 6 rounds to be fired before reloading. Violations will incur one procedural penalty for each shot in excess of 6 rounds actually fired before reloading. Revolvers with a capacity of 7 rounds or more do not qualify for Major, even if rounds achieve Major power factor during testing by chronograph.

yes, I've shot a couple of IPSC qualifiers this year with my S&W 929.  Being able to use all 8 shots makes a big difference :)  We did have to educate one CRO last month who tried to give my friend procedurals for firing of the 7th & 8th shot in his 929 lol