Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex viper or venom for CZ Scorpion

Hello: I have a Viper on a Glock 34 and found the glass to be a little small. I am using C-More's on my PCC's and open pistol. I like the larger glass of the C-More and the option to change dot modules. I am using the plastic railway ones with either a 4 MOA or 6MOA dot.  Thanks, Eric

Im going to buy one. Which would be best for the Scorpion in PCC.

If removing sight for batterye replacment is only difference i would go with the cheaper Viper.

MOA is different with the two. One is 6 and other one is 3. Viper was a little small for me on an AR9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad your mind is already made up?... I have C-Mores (Railway's, Sts , rts) on various platforms and no doubt one of the best red dots out there. Just got the Vortex Venom 6 MOA for my new carry optics pistol. That said, I prefer the SightMark Ultra dot on the PPC rifle (CZ Scorpion). I use the "circle/dot" x "red" mode. Very fast to acquire, pretty well put the circle dot on the target and it's a hit. $70.00 or so... Hard to beat and bright in the Arizona sun

Edited by mike NM

I'm a huge C-MORE fan. I have one on my MPX and love it.

But for my Scorpion, I wanted to try something different, but not a micro-tube style. I've only run this at one stage, and it's awesome! The sight itself is so tiny and the shroud is so thin, the entire thing disappears and all I see is the red dot. It's almost a seamless sight picture. 

35043607992_59b60e2b25_b.jpg

35043607142_6bca50dd95_b.jpg

2 hours ago, GARD72977 said:

I ran the Scorpion with open sights this weekend through some drills. I had just bought the gun from a friend. It feels very good. 

I ordered the CZ custom mount today. I decided to go with the Venom

Good call! The Venom has a larger window than the Viper, which is more geared towards pistols.

• 2 weeks later...