Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will USPSA Buy 3-Gun Nation?

Poorly written article that seems to inject the writers opinion in such a way as to give the impression that the comments belonged to Julie. I've known her for several years and she would not use that kind of insulting remark: 

IMG_1487.thumb.PNG.5241a39351686461a807f976e3b11848.PNG

7 hours ago, Bryan 45 said:

USPSA has it's own problems.  But, that would be like a recovering alcoholic buying a liquor store.  That only sells Mad Dog 20/20 and Jager.

haha understatement of the year! but I agree with all of this

the bench

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, MatchShooterSupply said:

I sure hope not they would destroy 3 gun 

The rulebook size would probably quadruple in order to address the non-issues that USPSA shooters have small heart attacks over. Whatever, outlaw matches are often better than 3GN ones from what I've seen.

I have changed my position on this.  I now believe it would be a great idea.  What better use for all of the money that USPSA rakes in on classifiers and dues.  It would also stir some great conversations.  Bring on USPSA gun nation!

On 8/20/2017 at 10:54 AM, MatchShooterSupply said:

I sure hope not they would destroy 3 gun 

No, if 3GN didn't succeed in that, USPSA can't get the job done either.

You can't kill the 3 Gun, the 3 Gun will live on.

• 6 months later...

This is an old post, but 3gun nation just kicked off the new year.  I think they had a whopping 78ish shooters.   Which is crazy because its one of the few warm places to shoot in February at a range that has some very high profile matches (mainly action pistol).  It was at one of my local ranges and none of the local guys even shot it.  Ive shot a local match with 70 shooters there.  Very sad... that tells you where 3 gun nation is.  My buddies and I will drive 18 hrs for a match but not 1 hr for that match.  

The political situation is not conducive to growing 3-gun right now unfortunately.  TV Networks shut them down, and/or charged too much, then social media made it nearly impossible to promote shooting sports, and to top it all off, they have not ran their business well.   I first heard 3 gun nation was going to fold three years ago now... they're still going but it's hard to argue they are going strong.  Clubs are abandoning 3GN affiliation left and right and their major match attendance is suffering tremendously.