Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Convert a stock 3 9mm to open major

walrus76

Hello, I was wanting to start loading 9mm major. Would the fully supported factory barrel work? What else can I do?

I'm running in limited minor, henning trigger , egw sear , heart shaped hammer

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Per Appendix D2, Item 5, you need to have a bullet caliber of .40 or greater to be scored major in Limited.

so, the simple solution is to purchase a .40 top end for your tanfo!

>>>>>>>>>>>

edit:  ok, i now see that in the title you said Open Major - so belay my comment above!:rolleyes:

Edited by Bamboo

I'm aiming to recycle the stock 3 into an open project. Do I need a upgraded barrel, compensator, cmore? What can my factory barrel take in abuse?

1 hour ago, walrus76 said:

I'm aiming to recycle the stock 3 into an open project. Do I need a upgraded barrel, compensator, cmore? What can my factory barrel take in abuse?

6" barrel fit, cut, and threaded; comp., sight mount, and a sight. 

Good luck in your open goals of 2017-2018. Hint - youre better off buying a 38 sup Gold Team.

1 hour ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

6" barrel fit, cut, and threaded; comp., sight mount, and a sight. 

Good luck in your open goals of 2017-2018. Hint - youre better off buying a 38 sup Gold Team.

Far better off. Especially because magwell - among a host of other reasons.

5 hours ago, walrus76 said:

You don't save any money with a custom Open project, you're better off selling the gun you don't want and buying the gun you do.  Take it from me ;)

I do not have 50 posts . This is what I'm working with. I can return it to double action at will. Still a limited or gold team upper would be more gooder. Thank you for your inputs. 500419a9eff668fdc017809dbb079983.jpg654290fbbd635ece7612adf1656424e6.jpg632ec603048d8de8139f001c50ac70a7.jpg5ce9f1a6f90af4e57653d794767196fa.jpg