Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New spinta stainless barrel 79.99

Hello: It is a different twist rate than a normal PCC barrel that is 1:10. It may work a little better for the lighter bullets going faster. The weight at 22ozs is not super light. Kaw valley 16" barrel is 19.7 ozs, JP 16" 24.7 ozs and my turned down Wilson Arms is around 21 ozs. Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer
Hello: It is a different twist rate than a normal PCC barrel that is 1:10. It may work a little better for the lighter bullets going faster. The weight at 22ozs is not super light. Kaw valley 16" barrel is 19.7 ozs, JP 16" 24.7 ozs and my turned down Wilson Arms is around 21 ozs. Thanks, Eric

I'm thinking the 1:16 twist will help with the 100gr projectiles that I like to shoot in my steel pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello: I was using some 95grain Montana Gold 380 bullets for shooting some steel with my pistol. When this barrel gets here I will try some 115 grain Acme coated bullets for some steel. Thanks, Eric

That's exactly what my friends shot at the WSSC last month. Very accurate round!

Several of us shoot 98gr Egglestons coated with 3.1grs to 4.7 grs of Titegroup out of the standard 1:10 twist barrels. Very soft and super accurate out of my JP barrel and my buddies CZ.

gerritm

8 hours ago, MRBACKHAND said:

I use there 16" barrel and have no problem loading 1.165

Got the same email and ordered a pair.  I was getting ready to order a 9mm throat reamer when I read your post.  Hopefully this new batch of barrels will allow me to load long.

Bill

On 6/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Being a stainless steel barrel it will be easy to throat it if you can't load long. Thanks, Eric

The OP indicated he can load to 1.165" so hopefully all Spinta 9mm barrels are chambered the same and I won't need to order a reamer.

Since your barrel will be delivered before mine I'm curious if your's will allow long loaded rounds.  Hope so.

Mine arrived today. I gave it to plunk test with my 160 grain coated loads, which are 1.156 OAL. It plunked fine, but it was just the slightest bit grabby when I turned the barrel upside down. I had to give it a little shake to get it to drop out. I only tried one round before I had to leave, so not sure if that is an average round or not.

497ebd3da06c1c6e285bd7f2fa6fff26.jpg