Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What holster for a TS?

aandabooks

Bought a Bladetech to get by and am not impressed.  Holster flexes and does not allow for a consistant draw.  Between the flexability of the kydex and the weight of the gun, I'm binding up on about 20% of my draws.  

What holster is everyone running with these guns?  I'll be shooting Limited.

Suomi ASE (Manny Bragg imported it under his brand as well) is awesome.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/suomiase-holsters/700-suomiase-ipsc-sport-holster-2000000007007.html

I've been using it for 2 years, which includes 4 Area matches and numerous state championships. It has never missed a beat.

Edited by selecw

I use a DAA RaceMaster with a magnetic locking block.  I bought the SP-01 block and modified the sliding block to fit the TS (very easy).  It works very well.  My TS has a thumb rest.

I'm not finding the Ghost holster as having an option for the TS.  The DAA Racemaster magnetic has option for TS Orange and TS Czechmate.  There is also a DAA for $25 more that has the same option.

I'd check with Saul first.  I think the TSO has a slightly different trigger guard profile than the TS.  If memory serves, it is thinner.

Edited by zzt

4 hours ago, aandabooks said:

They list the Orange and Czechmate.  Which one fits a standard TS?  Worth the $225 over the Super Ghost for $150?

I have a modified SP-01 insert on mine, buddy as the Czechmate insert on his TS and it's perfect. I think it's a great holster, I started with a Racemaster because I love the versatility of the inserts, and the Alpha-X is a big improvement on the mounting and adjustment system.

I am using a Guga Ribas holster. The nice part about it is that it adjusts to multiple guns so it can be adjusted to just about anything. Available at CPWSA. Mine fits my TS-40 and my CTS-40 very well. My son is using the same model holster for an SP-01 accushadow. I used a DA race master for a while with my TS but found it hung up a lot with my guns. Haven't had that issue with the Guga Ribas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both the Racemaster and the Alpha-X.  There are differences worth noting.  The RM's belt attachment is smaller than the A's, and that leaves more room for large thumb rests to be drawn without hitting any part of the holster.  The Alpha-X is a lot more rigid, and stays tighter much longer.  I had to modify my *thumb rest [generic]* thumb rest (attached to a frame mount) so I could draw the gun without interference.  An RST rest on another gun had no issues.

• 1 month later...

I run the Alpha X. It's nice if all you are doing is USPSA. RHT makes a holster now that fits a TSO or TS with the *thumb rest [generic]*, I think I saw it on their FB page. If you are getting a race type holster you need to get the TS specific if they make it. Or the SP-01 and trim it to fit. The TSO and CM won't work. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/9/2017 at 1:04 AM, Hennig said:

I have a modified SP-01 insert on mine, buddy as the Czechmate insert on his TS and it's perfect. I think it's a great holster, I started with a Racemaster because I love the versatility of the inserts, and the Alpha-X is a big improvement on the mounting and adjustment system.

Im assuming that there SP01 trigger guard block is the tighter then the two block options DAA offers for the TSO on their website.  Ive seen mixed reviews and a few different people going down the rout of getting the SP)! block and modifying it.  Looking for this holster myself, is this the route I should take first? I feel completely competent modifying the block

5 hours ago, Heatstroke18 said:

Im assuming that there SP01 trigger guard block is the tighter then the two block options DAA offers for the TSO on their website.  Ive seen mixed reviews and a few different people going down the rout of getting the SP)! block and modifying it.  Looking for this holster myself, is this the route I should take first? I feel completely competent modifying the block

You'll need to order the right block by looking at the pictures of the trigger guard provided.  The CM and TSO have changed trigger guard design a few times

I would think with a thumb rest alpha x would be best option but if you want to try kydex this long's shadow holster has been great for mine. I have found their molding to be by far the most precise I have seen between many brands.  Apparently they are using some sort of computerized molding process as opposed to wrapping heated kydex around a dummy mold.

20190226_142754.jpg

4 hours ago, inertia said:

I would think with a thumb rest alpha x would be best option but if you want to try kydex this long's shadow holster has been great for mine. I have found their molding to be by far the most precise I have seen between many brands.  Apparently they are using some sort of computerized molding process as opposed to wrapping heated kydex around a dummy mold.

20190226_142754.jpg

what Maxwell is that?! I need one!

CZ Custom larger one, whatever they call it.  It would accommodate pretty large hands, larger than my size L glove have room to spare.  In 3 gun I don't have a box I have to fit or anything really so no clue how that would work out in other disciplines.