Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left handers options - production and standard

AussieTactical

I would be interested to know what people believe would be the best choices in the CZ lineup for a left handed shooter to use to compete in IPSC Production and Standard divisions. I dont mean one for both classes, I mean if I was choosing the ideal model for each class.

I'd just get the model best fitted for the division. Being left handed doesn't make my decision. The guns auto-forward from slide lock and the slide stop/release can be manipulated with trigger finger being left handed. So......
TS 40 / limited
Shadow2/ sp-01 shadow /production.

I'm a lefty and now use a TS9 and TS40. I used to have a SP01 Shadow. The Shadow takes the least modifications for lefty friendliness, i.e. none. Reversing the mag release button is optional and I didn't do it. Not sure about Oz mags, but most of the mags I had in the Shadow were not symmetrical and would sit lower in the gun after reversing the mag release.

As Rich mentioned, the Shadow's slide autoforwards, so lefties shouldn't have a hard time.

With the TS I installed a CZ Custom wide right safety and ground down the left safety. I also tapped it on the right frame for a thumbrest, but unless you're shooting .357SIG, no thumbrest is necessary for the TS is you're in Australia.

Edited by Lior