Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you have in your range bag?

Guns, ammo, magazines, tools, sight kit with FO, cutters, lighter, punches, screw drivers, batteries, allen wrenches, timer, 9v battery, lube, lead wipes, rain cover, spare gun, safety glasses, ear pro, squib rod, tape gun and mag brush.

Guns, ammo, magazines, tools, sight kit with FO, cutters, lighter, punches, screw drivers, batteries, allen wrenches, timer, 9v battery, lube, lead wipes, rain cover, spare gun, safety glasses, ear pro, squib rod, tape gun and mag brush.

What tools do you carry? I am guessing everything you need to fix any possible malfunction?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Some things you could add are chap stick, climbers chalk for your hands, hand warmers if its cold

for 3 gun I carry an extra shotgun tube spring extra mag or shotgun pouches in various orientations depending on a stage as well as loaner gear.  Lately I have had an extra magazine tube clamp for some reason.

Match day

Ammo, mags, lube, cleaning rod, brushes, squib rod, pin punch, the assorted springs I've collected for my pistol, flashlight.

Snacks, water.

Sunscreen, bug spray, bandaids, gauze, antiseptic and burn gel packets.

Spare shooting glasses, ear plugs.

Timer, too many times 10+ minutes have been wasted waiting on batteries or a new timer.

Range day

Same, bigger first aid kit, stapler, staples, batteries, notebook.

44 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

Cool. You guys have listed stuff I wouldnt have thought of packing until I needed it.

That's how alot of the stuff that is in my bag now ended up there.  Didn't think about needing it until I needed it.

Gun and mags

ammo

ear pro

glasses

backup eyes and ears

foam earplugs

squib rod

fiber, nail clippers, and lighter

oil and and slide glide

front sight tool

hand towel

lula loader

climbers chalk

Fabric tape

bug spray

sun screen stick

lead wipes

In my Midway range bag I carry the following:

Gun(s), bring backup for a competition

3 x mags, for competitions I bring 6

Ear Plugs

Ear muffs

2x eye protection

Sunglasses

2x silicon rags

Small can of Tetra Gun CLP

Masking tape

Lula loader

EXO gloves

Bug spray

sun screen

Hand wipes

Brass squibb stick

3.5mm cable for my phone to ears

Notebook and 2 pencils

Muli-tool thing

Holy crap, and I thought my bag was heavy now. Going to have to start adding a separate kit for shooting day.

Gun

Backup gun

UpLula

6 mags

phillips screwdriver (damn grip screws)

Cliff bars

Bottle of powerade

Small rag for wiping grease if needed

Hearing protection

pouches for brass pick up at end of day

Looks like I'll put together an extra small bag with some tools, a tackle box with parts, slide glide, first aid supplies, bug spray, and suncreen. (I like the extra batteries for time idea since we were looking for a spare timer my last match)

Other things I saw people have with them... Several pairs of shoes, extra socks, raingear, an extra shirt, and a couple towels. This stuff would normally just sit in a box in my trunk anyway as it would be a go to kit for hiking or general use.

of coure everyone seems to have the jogging stroller or collapsable wagon.

My range bag has two large compartments that have loop strips to add hook and loop attachments.

I want something to carry pin punches and other small tools. Any suggestions?

This is the where I want to attach it.a5f34319423a792da7a7f3f500d9442b.jpg

1 hour ago, anonymouscuban said:

My range bag has two large compartments that have loop strips to add hook and loop attachments.

I want something to carry pin punches and other small tools. Any suggestions?

This is the where I want to attach it.a5f34319423a792da7a7f3f500d9442b.jpg

Something like this maybe? http://milspecmonkey.com/store/pouches-panels/106-msm-loop-panels.html 

In no particular order:

Gun, Eyes, Ears (i have the little molded ones) and set of over the ear pair as well. Mags, Mag Brush, Ammo, Pro grip, Tool Kit (Screw driver, allen keys, Cleaning rod and brush, solution, Qtuip, oil, swabs, both size allen wrenches for DAA pouches) Car Keys, Wallet, phone, Battery backup charger for phone, Timer, one whole case gage, Uplula thingy, Brass bag, sun screen, some type of cliff bar like thing that wont melt and be gooey, pen and paper for arbitrations, roll of target pasters.

Learn how to use a tourniquet & Quick Clot, carry them, at the minimum for life saving gear. Antiseptic & band aids for boo boos. Gloves for setting steel with wet paint to keep a fancy steel grip looking nice. A rule book. Extra batteries & hex wrench if shooting open, FO rod & a lighter for other divisions. 

I started using my 3gun cart for all matches. I don't know how I carried everything before. 

9 minutes ago, OPENB said:

Learn how to use a tourniquet & Quick Clot, carry them, at the minimum for life saving gear. Antiseptic & band aids for boo boos. Gloves for setting steel with wet paint to keep a fancy steel grip looking nice. A rule book. Extra batteries & hex wrench if shooting open, FO rod & a lighter for other divisions. 

I started using my 3gun cart for all matches. I don't know how I carried everything before. 

new Fibers for my sights is something I forgot I keep in my baggie of gun parts. Gloves also very good idea for set up/tear down. 

On 6/13/2017 at 3:26 PM, OPENB said:

Forgot to add this! Generally the trauma kit stays in my car but I keep a tourniquet in my range bag. I can apply the TQ quick and slow/stop bleeding with a shirt or rag. Then I can make it to the car and pick up the rest of the kit if needed. I need to add steel resetting gloves to my bag but I keep forgetting.