Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 slide locked up mid recoil cycle

HaydenW

Hi all!

Long time lurker first time poster here.

Today at the range I was using my new Shadow 2.  On firing the last round in the magazine the gun failed to eject and I found the case still sitting under the extractor. 

After I removed the case I went to release the slide and found it to be frozen solid where it is mid recoil cycle.

I tried gently giving the back of the slide a few wraps of a table covered with carpet but the slide is not going anywhere.  I did a quick google but cannot find anyone else that his has happened to.

I did read however that it is possible for the extractor pin to come loose and work its way down causing the gun to lock up.  If this is the case how the hell am I supposed to get the pin out given its only meant to be removed through the bottom of the slide.  Short of putting the gun in a milling machine and milling the pin out from the top I have no idea.

This is very disappointing given the gun is effectively now a glorified paperweight and our Queensland IPSC state titles match is on this coming weekend and its looking like ill be back to shooting my old Glock 17A for it.

Has anyone else got any pointers or maybe some ideas of what has gone wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Hayden

Never mind.

Finally got the slide closed by giving it a good wrap  on the rear of the slide with a piece of woof covered in cardboard and electrical tape.

Turns out through my own stupidity I have blown the barrel by firing another round behind a squib.  Expensive lesson learned.

I would image just the barrel and possibly the barrel bushing. I would just through both away and get the CGW 10x bushing and fit the new barrel or send it off to CGW and have him fit them.

Edited by thompsoncustom

I would image just the barrel and possibly the barrel bushing. I would just through both away and get the CGW 10x bushing and fit the new barrel or send it off to CGW and have him fit them.

I'd be willing to wager he's from Australia, probably has better luck with Cz custom than cgw.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk