Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

QC10 Ejection Problems

Soooo I decided to get another PCC and it won't eject. I keep getting loose rounds in the breech. I bent the ejector up and to the right so it barely touches the bolt but I am still not having any luck. The extractor claw works too. Any suggestions?

QC10 Lower Colt Mags

Faxon BCG

F3C8D373-4455-4FDF-8C8C-7358B91B9894_zps

Edited by JAustin316

Hello: Are you using reloads? What is your buffer setup? Looks a little dry in there try cleaning it up and lubing it up. Check the chamber to see if it is nice and smooth. Also check to see if a loaded round is not going too deep in the chamber. The barrel maybe off spec which I have seen here. Thanks, Eric

I was having the same issue with my QC10 Glock lower. I was using a JP BCG which uses a 1911 style extractor. I tried adjusting the tension but was still having extraction problems. I finally switched to a QC10 BCG which uses a much improved .223 style extractor design. Problem solved. Hope this helps.

Using factory new. Buffer is a strange mix but it has worked in other PCCs and shouldn't be an issue when manually working the bolt back to eject right? The barrel worked flawlessly with a JP bolt and I did clean the chamber.

Not so fast.......hate to say this BUT.......I have a QC10 colt lower, has been flawless!! And then I swapped out the JP bolt for the Bolt mentioned here.....it works, but every once in a while, ejection issues. Switching back to the JP........so I'll have to get back with you on this after tomorrow night.

Hello: So if it worked with the JP bolt then it must be the Faxon bolt that is the problem. Check to see if the gas key bolts are tight and not dragging. Also check to see if the recess in the bolt is about the same diameter as the JP bolt. Measure the depth of the recess in the bolts as well. I am using a QC10 Colt and Glock lower and they both run great. I have used 4 different bolts with them and they all worked. I don't have a Faxon bolt to try. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: So if it worked with the JP bolt then it must be the Faxon bolt that is the problem. Check to see if the gas key bolts are tight and not dragging. Also check to see if the recess in the bolt is about the same diameter as the JP bolt. Measure the depth of the recess in the bolts as well. I am using a QC10 Colt and Glock lower and they both run great. I have used 4 different bolts with them and they all worked. I don't have a Faxon bolt to try. Thanks, Eric

The gas key is machined as part of the bolt. Im going to sell it and buy the QC10 bolt since it still has the internal weight. 

11 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Well.......thats the hope

SO yes......the JP bolt reinstalled in my PCC is running 100%.........so I got back to the shop and started looking at what is going on here!! Turns out.....that while the bolt face all seems good and extractors feel close to being the same......there is jjjjjuuuuuust little bit less pressure with the Faxon extractor, so I am tuning that up a little and we'll see if we solved the issue with the faxon bolt.

I'm using a:

-QC10 Glock lower.

-JP Bolt.

-JP 9mm barrel.

-JP SCS buffer.

-Vltor buffer tube and stock.

-Odinworks Upper.

Had ejection problems.

-Took out ejector, polished it as smooth as I could, then hit it with a hammer so it was closer to bolt.

-Also, case gauged my 9mm rounds in an EGW 38 Super Chamber Checker (surprised me how many rnds failed the gauge).

That did the trick for me and have not had a problem since. 

Soooo I decided to get another PCC and it won't eject. I keep getting loose rounds in the breech. I bent the ejector up and to the right so it barely touches the bolt but I am still not having any luck. The extractor claw works too. Any suggestions?
QC10 Lower Colt Mags
Faxon BCG

F3C8D373-4455-4FDF-8C8C-7358B91B9894_zpswgw6bwtq.jpg

I am also having problems. I had a 5.56 VLTOR upper that worked great. Didn't like the gas in the face. Changed the upper to a matrix arms 9mm side charger. VLTOR ran flawless, I only get 4 to 5 rounds before a jam. Of course you contact the various manufactures and they point at other manufacturers. What I did notice was a lot of slop in the ejector. I actually think the ejector is missing the brass some times. I shimmed the ejector with a 0.022" feeler gauge. I've also filed the ejector to contact the brass and push it out directly out the ejection port. I think in my case it the overall tolerance of the setup and the small ejection port. I'm thinking of opening the port.

I decided that a unreliable rifle won't work for competition. So I bought a SIG MPX. Locking bolt will minimize the unburnt powder and fouling. Sit want to get the rifle running, love the side charger. 9a67673756ad489b43efbcf722a1556a.jpg6b6a747f4087cb6956d6e3e5e4cd7d58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SO yes......the JP bolt reinstalled in my PCC is running 100%.........so I got back to the shop and started looking at what is going on here!! Turns out.....that while the bolt face all seems good and extractors feel close to being the same......there is jjjjjuuuuuust little bit less pressure with the Faxon extractor, so I am tuning that up a little and we'll see if we solved the issue with the faxon bolt.

I'm wondering if the extractor could be improved with a sharper hook with a slight angle to it, like those VQ and other brands we use to improve extraction in rimfire. If so, I'd certainly buy an upgraded and properly tensioned 9mm extractor or two if someone offered them.

4 hours ago, 1911luvr said:

I'm wondering if the extractor could be improved with a sharper hook with a slight angle to it, like those VQ and other brands we use to improve extraction in rimfire. If so, I'd certainly buy an upgraded and properly tensioned 9mm extractor or two if someone offered them.

It's a matter of keeping the shell against the bolt face as it's rising back on the bolt during ejection, normally, that is a tension issue. The extractor looks good as is.....so I just adjusted the tension........works great now

On 6/4/2017 at 10:20 AM, Cavy said:

I was having the same issue with my QC10 Glock lower. I was using a JP BCG which uses a 1911 style extractor. I tried adjusting the tension but was still having extraction problems. I finally switched to a QC10 BCG which uses a much improved .223 style extractor design. Problem solved. Hope this helps.

Same here.

Was using a PSA bolt with the QC 10 lower.

Switched to a QC 10 bolt  and no problems so far.

Edited by fedupflyer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I retract my last post.

Using JP barrel, bolt and SCS with a QC10 glock lower (with its floppy ejector) has been an absolute nightmare.

Been trying to get it to run consistently coming up on a year now.

FTF's, tons of FTE's, double feeds, trigger not resetting, anything goes.

1300+ rounds down the barrel and every time I think I'm close to solving it's issues, it jams and costs me the match.

Soooo jealous of others PCC's that actually run. :-(

Just a warning to others who may be considering this combo.

36 minutes ago, rr4406pak said:

I retract my last post.

Using JP barrel, bolt and SCS with a QC10 glock lower (with its floppy ejector) has been an absolute nightmare.

Been trying to get it to run consistently coming up on a year now.

FTF's, tons of FTE's, double feeds, trigger not resetting, anything goes.

1300+ rounds down the barrel and every time I think I'm close to solving it's issues, it jams and costs me the match.

Soooo jealous of others PCC's that actually run. :-(

Just a warning to others who may be considering this combo.

Hello: I have almost the same combo but with Wilson Arms barrel. Been working great for over 3000 rounds. I have them with both a Colt and Glock lowers. Sounds like your upper maybe out of spec with the lower. I have had great success with the cheap Anderson sport uppers, Matrix side charger and the QC10 upper. I have had problems with some other uppers I have tried. Check to see if the ejector is rubbing on the bolt. That will cause all sorts of problems. Thanks, Eric