Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC markings

jimbullet

Got a STI DVC limited. There is a three digit on the barrel  and another three digit in the inside of the slide.

The barrel I can see is the last three digits of of my serial number. The digits on the slide though does not correspond to the serial number at all so I am curious what this means? Anyone with a DVC have looked at your guns digits?

On 6/4/2017 at 0:21 AM, jimbullet said:

im disappointed with STI now as got this brand new.

Are you having issues with your DVC? I'm curious as to what you're disappointed about. None of my STIs have these numbers. 

Maybe look at the bright side.  Possible while going through a quality inspection STI realized something was wrong with the slide so they fit a new slide to the existing frame and barrel?

Just a thought

2 hours ago, v1911 said:

Are you having issues with your DVC? I'm curious as to what you're disappointed about. None of my STIs have these numbers. 

Honestly no issues but the mere fact they dont match tells me that maybe something went wrong with the quality control as that would have meant that the slide, barrel and frame was matched up during fitting.

3 hours ago, jimbullet said:

Honestly no issues but the mere fact they dont match tells me that maybe something went wrong with the quality control as that would have meant that the slide, barrel and frame was matched up during fitting.

You may be absolutely right. There may have been an issue that someone found and made it right before it left the factory. Hence the mismatched #s. 

Its human nature to assume the worst. But unless there's an actual mechanical issue, I don't see losing sleep over it. 

6 hours ago, Rolex said:

Mine don't match- shoots fine

3 hours ago, jimbullet said:

You guys should compare numbers!  May your slides got switched at birth?

5 hours ago, jimbullet said:

Yea, something went wrong and they actually caught it and fixed it. Be glad that is the case vs many of the other issues STI owners experience.

Better they caught the issue and fixed it at the factory than sent it through and have you buy it only to have to battle through function checks and troubleshooting before sending it back to the factory. 

You could call them and confirm that is what happened if you have some reason to believe something nefarious took place. Other than that if it runs well, seems like it doesn't hurt anything that the numbers don't all match.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a Detonics Scoremaster that was as loose as a goose, rattled like a tin can full of nails and galled every other time I shot it...... All the numbers matched though.

You have a great gun that you were happy with until you read this thread... Stop beating yourself up over something that does not matter, you will feel much better and the gun will still be great. That is Zen.

Edited by Service Desk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...