Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire - anti-walk pins and ambi safety

First, I am curious if anyone is using anti-walk pins with their hiperfire triggers. If so, which ones?

***I do see one post where there was a slight degrading of the trigger pull using KNS in one persons build, but am curious if anyone else has any experience***

Second, what ambi safeties are people using? I see that hiperfire lists off 6 or so that they know don't work on their site. Would like to avoid spending $$ on a ambi safety that won't work.

Thanks!

Edited by MHitchcock

Hello: No ambi for me so I can't speak about those. I am using the KNS anti walk pins on my PCC with the Hiprefire 24C. It is the dog bone looking one. The trigger pull is a little stiffer but not by much. I am using some good grease on the pins so that maybe why it is not much different in pull. Thanks, Eric

In one of my PSA for Glock magazines lowers I have the Hiperfire 24c trigger held in place with the KNS pins.  In their FAQs section, Hiperfire warns that anti-walk, non-rotating pins may affect the trigger pull.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNS-154-Non-Rotating-Anti-Walk-Pins-with-Black-Gen-ST-Spikes-Spikes-Side-Plates-/162084843238?hash=item25bd026ee6:g:YjMAAOSwNsdXSKTY

I also run a CMMG ambi-safety,

My trigger had around 2000 rds through it when I added the pins.  I was having a problem with the gun doubling and was looking for a solution. The trigger pull was not as good as it was before the pins were installed but with the KNS pins is is not degraded to the point where I would go back to the mil-spec pins. The pins are well greased and I used the pin that holds the screws as the hammer pin since it can rotate if you keep the screws loose enough it will allow the pin to rotate.  The screws are held in place with a drop of Loctite.

I have three guns with the Hiperfire 24c trigger and have a CMMG ambi-safety in each of them.  No problems with any of them.

Bill

Just installed a 243G in my PCC, along with Radian ambi safeties and KNS dogbones.  Safety works fine, though the Hiperfire did stiffen up the safety throw a bit with the grey springs because the carrier body contacts the safety barrel at the point where the Radian is cut for the 45degree throw option.

The anti-walk pins DO degrade thw trigger some. Personal opinion as to whether or not it becomes a deal breaker. I couldnt get the Strike Ambi safety to work worth a flip in my G-mag PCC. Seems that many of them may suffer from a similar problem with poor interface between the trigger group and the various cuts to make the trigger ambidexterous and offer different throw ranges.

Using KNS Generation ST with a Hiperfire 24C and a Right Side Noveske/Magpul STS 60 degree selector; two and one half pound trigger pull before and after installation and slick as snot.   STS ambi may work, but that I do not know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have mine installed in a Sig MPX with factory ambi-safety, it made the safety a bit stiff at first, but loosened up over time.

You shouldn't need anti-walk pins, I'm curious as to why others feels they need to run them?

34 minutes ago, pitvpr said:

You shouldn't need anti-walk pins, I'm curious as to why others feels they need to run them?

Folks with a lot more PCC experience than me have advised that with the AR platform the forces on the hammer are much greater with 9mm.   Over time, they have seen the hammer hole "egg out" enough that it causes problems like hammer follow and failure to reset.

Its not so much the anti-walk feature but the dog bones for the anti-rotate that help.  The dog bones help spread the stress over both the hammer pin and the trigger pin.

Bill

The KE Arms short throw ambi selector works great with my Hiperfire 24C-- one of my best AR purchases ever, actually:  http://www.kearms.com/ambi-selector-bar  I believe that KE Arms might have a vendor page here at BEnos.  SinistralRifleman was great to work with when I bought the safety from them.

I also use anti-walk pins, but I don't recall the exact make... I think KNS, but not sure...  No issues with the trigger that I can tell.  

As a side note, mine is on a .223.  I don't have a PCC, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Edited by jkrispies
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2017 at 0:58 PM, mahamoti said:

Just installed a 243G in my PCC, along with Radian ambi safeties and KNS dogbones.  Safety works fine, though the Hiperfire did stiffen up the safety throw a bit with the grey springs because the carrier body contacts the safety barrel at the point where the Radian is cut for the 45degree throw option.

As an update:  The Radian ambi safety was OKish, but I swapped in a BAD-CASS, and both the safety switch and the trigger are improved.  I'd say, for the Hiperfire, avoid the safeties with reversible 90/45 throws.

I have Troy ambi safety in two of my PCC's. One is a QC10 COlt lower and the other is a older billet lower with a Hahn dedicated mag block. Both work fine with the HiperFire ECL i have in both rigs.

I always "tune" the safety spring so I get a smooth, lighter engage/disengage. I just remove a coil or two at a time until I get the feel I like.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2017 at 10:19 AM, mahamoti said:

As an update:  The Radian ambi safety was OKish, but I swapped in a BAD-CASS, and both the safety switch and the trigger are improved.  I'd say, for the Hiperfire, avoid the safeties with reversible 90/45 throws.

I thought the BAD-CASS is on the list of safeties to not work with the Hiperfire?

1 minute ago, mahamoti said:

Only the short throw versions.  The normal 90* works fine.

Ahhh. I see. Dang, I really like those BAD safety, but I bought a short throw receiver because I wanted to go short throw :P Still super confused though since I know a lot of people are using the KE Arms sand Seekins safeties which are also not on the list of compatible safeties.

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 12:00 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

Ahhh. I see. Dang, I really like those BAD safety, but I bought a short throw receiver because I wanted to go short throw :P Still super confused though since I know a lot of people are using the KE Arms sand Seekins safeties which are also not on the list of compatible safeties.

My KE works fine (so far) but I see that they have Seekins 60/90 work as a 60, but not a 90.  The KE is a 45/90, and I've only used it as a 45.  Wondering if they've noticed an issue in the 90 degree mode?  I'm actually pulling my 24c from my .223 and putting it in a PCC... and getting KNS pins based on input from this thread that I remembered and reviewed.  I'll report here if I experience any issues.