Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2 problem

sschultz

I am having an issue with my m2 with the gun empty if I cycle the action with no ammo in the bolt will stay locked back until I nudge it just a little. It will only happen when the lifter comes up. It also happens if I release a shell onto carrier and cycle the action. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Replace the carrier spring. #9 on Brownells schematic of M2 Trigger Group.

What he said...

Also...

I'd be curious to know if your current spring is about 1.3'' or 1.6” long (relaxed length). (The new Brownells' M2 spring should be 1.6”)

20 hours ago, GunCat said:

What he said...

Also...

I'd be curious to know if your current spring is about 1.3'' or 1.6” long (relaxed length). (The new Brownells' M2 spring should be 1.6”)

The longer spring is actually a lighter spring. Just for an fyi. 

15 minutes ago, jrbet83 said:

The longer spring is actually a lighter spring. Just for an fyi. 

Yes, and most guns (that I have examined) with the lifter locking problem have the shorter/stronger spring FWIW

Following. I have this issue plus I'll get a lot of ftf. Haven't messed with it in a while. It was done by crucible armament and I got it off a forum member on here and lost build list. But was planning on doing the tti spring kit. Sorry if I thread jacked

• 2 months later...

Also having issues with my SBE2, the lifter sometimes stays up when I cycle the action, check the BROWNELS parts, There are 2 Carrier Springs listed, which one is the 1.6" which you Gents is recommending. Thanks