Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV trigger on a PT evo?

dhollis51

It's not dropping right in mine and needs a good bit of fitting. I was wondering if I got the wrong trigger. They list two on the SVI website and I'm not sure which one speed shooters sells. Is why I'm asking

SVI makes two wide-body triggers.  The Billet Grip trigger bow is specifically for their billet grip.  The plain Trigger Bow is for everything else.

I just got a new Evo Grip and SVI Trigger from SSI and there's going to be some fitting required.  The trigger is too wide to go into the slot in the grip (I assume too tall as well).  Same deal with the previous 2 I built.  Not sure how folks are getting SVI Triggers that drop in without fitting.  This is the trigger I ordered:

https://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=SVITT&n=SVI-Trigger-Base--Stainless-Steel-Bow-2011

2 minutes ago, echotango said:

The shoe needed some minor fitting, but the bow fits without fitting. I thought we were talking about the bow. My mistake. 

Yes, I think we were talking past each other.  The bow fits perfectly.  The shoe/insert however won't fit without some work.  I chose to open up the channel in the grip so as not to remove the anodizing from the shoe/insert.

Should drop in the EVO pretty easily.

On a side note, every SV trigger I have had installed in my plastic STI grips guns required very minor work on the grip and every shoe needed some filing as well. It's not bad at all