Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have $500 to spend on a 3G scope. What to get?

nikdanja

Checkout the Athlon Midas 1-6 with the 3 gun reticle.  Its got great glass, and a reticle designed just for 3 gun, with the targets we shoot, and based off veolocities we can achieve. 

Vortex viper pst 1-4 is pretty hard to beat for an entry level price. I liked mine and think it was better overall than the Burris 1-5 I replaced it with but there isn't that big of a difference between the two. There's actually a reasonable deal here on the classifieds for a Burris 1-5 Burris 1-5x24 xtr ii (+ MGM Switchview)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=16618&share_tid=248529&url=http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/248529-Burris-1-5x24-xtr-ii-%28%2B-MGM-Switchview%29&share_type=t

For those of you thinking about putting those big beautiful eyes behind the most affordable and functional 1-8x on the market...
This is for you
"WIGGINSXP8" at atibalsights.com for 20% off the XP8. That's a 1-8 for $320. Your welcome. #iloveyoutoo #rapidview #brasstip

I switched from a Vortex SE to a Steiner Px4i.

Much better glass. I've found I'd rather have a good sight picture over more magnification. Mounted in an Aero mount.

A cheap setup that does not feel or perform cheaply.

15 hours ago, billdozer said:

Checkout the Athlon Midas 1-6 with the 3 gun reticle.  Its got great glass, and a reticle designed just for 3 gun, with the targets we shoot, and based off veolocities we can achieve. 

When are these supposed to be coming out? I haven't seen the ATSR1 available from anyone.

8 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Lots of mentions of Steiners here - Question for you Steiner people:

How much better is the quality of glass on the Steiner vs an MTAC?

I had an MTAC, glass was pretty good, but I hated the reticle.  The Steiner glass is better and the reticle is a lot better for me, but personal preference comes into play in choosing a reticle.  I shooter faster with a single illuminated dot.  

6 hours ago, bowhazard said:

When are these supposed to be coming out? I haven't seen the ATSR1 available from anyone.

They are out there. I'm still shootin a prototype on one rifle, but I've got a production one on the other. 

On 6/1/2017 at 11:27 PM, Hupperware said:

For those of you thinking about putting those big beautiful eyes behind the most affordable and functional 1-8x on the market...
This is for you
"WIGGINSXP8" at atibalsights.com for 20% off the XP8. That's a 1-8 for $320. Your welcome. #iloveyoutoo #rapidview #brasstip

Is there something going on like  trade-in? I have a strike eagle used once in a 3 gun match that I want to trade in.