Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 grips

awleland

I just got my CZ Shadow 2 today.  I had to go to SC from GA as a dealer in Pickens, SC of all places as he had a stack of Shadow 2s in stock.  Paid $1179 so was happy about that.

My question is are their wider grips available?  They also had a tactical orange in stock and the grips on it seemed wider as I believe it is on a different frame.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold off a SP01 Shadow because it was too narrow, even with DAA grips. That said I installed LOK palm swells on a Shadow 2 and the shooting experience was totally different, i.e. unbelievably good.

These are the ones I've been trying out on an old SP-01 Shadow I've liked the thick bogies the most of them.

The thick bogies require "custom" order by mail to Jayson at LOK Grips. 

bogies.jpg

Edited by Ludde

9 hours ago, Lior said:

I sold off a SP01 Shadow because it was too narrow, even with DAA grips. That said I installed LOK palm swells on a Shadow 2 and the shooting experience was totally different, i.e. unbelievably good.

Ditto for me. I sold my SP01 the same reason. I put LOK palm swell boogies on my Shadow 2 and really like them. The mag release extension was digging into my support hand a bit when firing (with the stock grips on). With the palm swells that issue also went away. The trigger guard is also larger on the S2 than SP01 (works better for me).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 3:18 PM, Ludde said:

These are the ones I've been trying out on an old SP-01 Shadow I've liked the thick bogies the most of them.

The thick bogies require "custom" order by mail to Jayson at LOK Grips. 

bogies.jpg

It's interesting that you point out the Hump on the LOK palm swell bogies.  I bought a set, put them on, and very quickly realized that the Hump made them totally unusable in my hands.  Let buddy try and he felt the same way.  The Hump is a total no-go.

Also, I ordered with no mag release cutout, and it made my S2 into the first gun I've ever held that I couldn't reach the mag release from a normal grip.  So again a no-go.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to re-shape these LOK grips?  Say with a dremel and sanding drum?  Or belt sander?

Yes, the hump was an issue for me. I have somewhat small hands but still a quite high grip. This means that the palm swell is a little to low for me and the upper hump is in the way of my "main grip zone".

The thicker bogies work really well for me when it comes to grip and filling up the majority of my hands and the grip is really solid. I do however have to flip the gun in my hand when activating the mag release. I've also tried to mix and match with a combination of thick bogies on the left and normal "thinner" bogies on the right side. Easy to manipulate all buttons and levers but less traction on the gun... currently for the past year I have been using the thick bogies since they do give me the best recoil control.. but but never say never I might go back to mixed pairs.

4 hours ago, adamge said:

It's interesting that you point out the Hump on the LOK palm swell bogies.  I bought a set, put them on, and very quickly realized that the Hump made them totally unusable in my hands.  Let buddy try and he felt the same way.  The Hump is a total no-go.

Also, I ordered with no mag release cutout, and it made my S2 into the first gun I've ever held that I couldn't reach the mag release from a normal grip.  So again a no-go.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to re-shape these LOK grips?  Say with a dremel and sanding drum?  Or belt sander?

Edited by Ludde

On 6/28/2017 at 6:31 AM, CTD_P2A said:

Also in GA, what's the name of the dealer in SC?  Lok grips +1, have a pair on my Shadow 1.

Frontline Arms in Pickens, SC.  He has a good supply of most CZ pistols.