Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA wrist timer

jstagn

• 2 weeks later...

I had one and it worked fine for about 6 months then it started to have problems. I didn't expect it to be perfect and it was under warrentee so I got in contact with DAA and CED.  I got the run around because DAA kept saying they couldn't find anyone to manufacture the watch blah blah blah and kept telling me that they should be ready to replace my watch next month then next month.... 4 months later they finally replaced my watch and I sold it once I got the replacement.  After that I won't buy anything electronic from DAA. Hopefully they fixed the bugs but take it for what it's worth. I had to spend another $200 bucks that could have been spent on primers, bullets, powder but had to buy a replacement timer because at the time I didn't know when they would be sending a replacement. Very frustrating. 

Nikdanja how long ago are we talking? The initial run of DAA Shotmaxx timers were known to be buggy, but they have since released a 2.0 model which has proven very reliable across the board.  I have had one since the week they were released and it has not had even a single hiccup. 

29 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

Nikdanja how long ago are we talking? The initial run of DAA Shotmaxx timers were known to be buggy, but they have since released a 2.0 model which has proven very reliable across the board.  I have had one since the week they were released and it has not had even a single hiccup. 

I forget what model it was. I don't think it was the new one tho and this happened right around this time last year. 

Worst experiece ever. There really wasn't any excuse why they couldn't give me a CED timer of equal value. Instead they screwed menright at the start of the season.  

Edited by nikdanja

• 4 weeks later...

I have one too that speaker started to get of wack, thankfully they replaced it and it has worked great since. It is my only timer but I wished I had purchased a regular timer instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one and it works okay. As it gets older I have to keep it charged above 80% or it doesn't always work. If I had it to do over, I would buy a regular timer instead.

It is noteworthy that in video posts by the pros you don't see them using these timers (except Mav Michel who is sponsored by DAA).

• 1 month later...