Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 primers not indexing

So I've ran into an issue on my 650 where he primer wheel isn't advancing. I've torn it apart and put it back together s dozen times to no avail. It appears that the spring tension for the index arm doesn't have the force to return it to the next position. 

I think this is my problem. 

B777495F-15FF-4307-8BF3-361E48AB04BB_zps

the index arm looks bent to me and once I removed it from the press it does not lay flat. The spring is a bit tweaked as well. I've got a spare of each but my question is what causes this?  Before this issue I had never taken the small priming system off the press as everything I load is small primer.

ill be calling dillon again tomorrow but my curiousity is killing me 

Some other things I've tried

pulled shell plate

pulled primer punch completely

i wanted to see if there was any drag. Being caused by either and still have the advancing  issue. 

Pulled and reseated the primer tube

pullrd and cleaned everything from the primer system. 

I had a similar problem. It was caused by part of a used primer getting between the index wheel and the housing causing the index arm to bend like your picture shows. I purchased all new parts but actually never needed them. Took the assembly apart and repaired the bend (with a small hammer) and everything has worked fine for about 100,000 rounds so far.