Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 vs LS-P

MissionaryMike

Still trying to make up my mind between the two, they are both good guns obviously, so far I have not been able to tell any difference with the timer.

A challenging double action first shot seems easier with the Lsp, I think because of grip/hand/finger geometry, going to try a cz 85 trigger on the Shadow 2 and see if that effects things. I'm also more confident on the really tough single action shots, which could be related to the smidge longer Lsp sight radius but I think is more related to me just having put a lot more rounds through that gun.

The S2 seems to get back on target better for me,  I can't say that I get any faster splits with it but I do think that I get more consistent splits so maybe faster by eliminating the occasional slower than normal shot. 

Ive been curious myself.. I put a cts upper on my sp01 shadow frame and fitted a disco to shorten things up.. its heavy but a joy to shoot especially at the far stuff. the weight eats up the double taps w/ factory loads.  I cant wait to personally run it side by side with a Shadow 2 or Tanfo 3 or STI edge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up selling the shadow 2 for what it is worth, in the long run it was just easier for me to get Alphas with the cts, the next person may have a completely different result. Nothing bad to say about either gun.

Giving the tanfo stock 2 a whirl next, then I think I will call the production gun experiments over with.