Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P09 safety - Homebrewed enlarged safety

PacMan

I posted it on CZforum as well.

Tired of waiting around for someone to make money off me by offering an enlarged safety for the P09, so I made one up with a new safety, a chunk of plastic, 2 nails, and small amount of J-B Weld.  About an hour of work + a day cure time.  Plastic piece came from leftover Teklok belt spacer. I drilled 2 holes in both pieces, inserted the nails cut to fit for support, and welded them together w/ JB.  Shaped/contoured the add on plastic after JB weld cured.  Yeah I know, tool markings isn't nice but the part is functional :) I can now ride the safety like a 1911.

IMG_6449_zpsqoyrqp2b.jpg

IMG_6448_zps336jpkji.jpg

Edited by PacMan
To add image

Nice work. I too like to ride the safety. I have added to my 75 Shadow SA safety to get the same effect and was wondering what to do if I bought a P-09. Thanks for the example. It may not be legal for Production or SSP but it is legal for ESP (as long as it fits in the box).

On 6/6/2017 at 9:17 AM, fastlane604 said:

Nice work. I too like to ride the safety. I have added to my 75 Shadow SA safety to get the same effect and was wondering what to do if I bought a P-09. Thanks for the example. It may not be legal for Production or SSP but it is legal for ESP (as long as it fits in the box).

The hardest part was to get myself to do it :) One item I skipped in the original post was to file down the factory safety to get a wide & flat surface for the extra plastic piece to sit on and to make it easier to position the reinforcing pins.  Got a few live fire practices in and this add on worked beautifully.

The Cajun short reset helped but someone needs to make a SA only trigger!  (I'm sure I will hear "get an STI and be done" sooner or later :) )

• 4 months later...