Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideas for Mag Organization

Alright guys, throwing this out to the collective brain trust here.

I'm trying to organize my mags - both handgun and rifle.

I have a good amount of mags and no way to organize them that makes sense.  Right now I've been keeping them unloaded in 1 qt plastic bins. The problem there is that I have to dig around for the mags I need.  Very inconvenient.  

So after rearranging my gun room, I have some wall space I'd like to use to hang up the mags.  I figure that's the easiest way to be able to get all of them organized and easily only take the ones  I need.  

Has anyone done anything like this?  Would magnetic tool holders work for the handgun mags? What would I do for the fully plastic ones? 

TIA for any help.

Both of you mentioned boxes of some sort.  I'm trying to get away from that because it's still inconvenient to get to the actual mags when they're put away. 

I'm thinking of hanging them on the wall somehow - can easily be done with magnets for handguns, but I'm lost for my plastic rifle mags.

9 minutes ago, r4ndy said:

I used Harbor Freight magnets for tools with cable ties and large paint sticks. Works great and less than $20!

cde7cf52931c717d4f1b18b99ba70763.jpg

This is exactly what I was looking to do for my handgun mags.  Have you figured out something for polymer rifle mags?

• 2 weeks later...
ByNorcalOldGuyon November 7, 2016    (copied from Amazon)
Verified Purchase
This is the best price on the web for 18" magnetic tool strips. They are so good that I just bought six more. One little trick I learned is that if you need to hold really heavy stuff, mount two about three inches apart parallel to each other. This will allow you to mount really heavy items like 1/2" extensions that are a little too heavy for just one strip.
review image   
Edited by Steve RA

9 hours ago, Steve RA said:
ByNorcalOldGuyon November 7, 2016    (copied from Amazon)
Verified Purchase
This is the best price on the web for 18" magnetic tool strips. They are so good that I just bought six more. One little trick I learned is that if you need to hold really heavy stuff, mount two about three inches apart parallel to each other. This will allow you to mount really heavy items like 1/2" extensions that are a little too heavy for just one strip.
review image   

I did something similar for my handgun mags.  I'm still struggling with Pmags and hexmags for my ARs.