Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb biting

blacklab

I just bought a Beretta 1301 comp. from a person here on the form. I shot it a few times and I actually prefer it over my M1 with one exception. The lifter gate chews up my thumb. Is there any way to extend the lifter or will that mess with the feeding?  

2 hours ago, RiggerJJ said:

Bend your thumb so the tip of the thumb is pushing shells (instead of the pad) and the 1st knuckle is holding the lifter down

That actually is how I load, but the lifter catches the left side of my thumb half way up my thumb nail. Last week I tore the nail right at the skin line, it didn't feel very nice.

23 hours ago, adamge said:

Too much gap between front of lifter and start of mag tube / shell catch.  On my guns there are only a few thousandths separating them

That's what I needed to know, so I can make the lifter longer. Thanks adamge.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:43 AM, adamge said:

Too much gap between front of lifter and start of mag tube / shell catch.  On my guns there are only a few thousandths separating them.

This I get. But in my place Ive seen some had been considerably shortened than factory length for the same purpose. Im into speed sticks so I dont know how its better than lengthening it. Just wondering.