Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Soft case for PCC

cj36d

Which soft case for a 16" PCC AR-9?  Looking for something minimalist to carry at matches.  Cost not a concern.  Wouldn't be averse to something that can be slung like a backpack...  pics would be awesome if anyone has a favorite.

I occasionally shoot at an indoor match where space is at a premium.  Rather than use a tactical case, I found that carrying my PCC in a scabbard to be ideal.

Since it was kind of an experiment, I purchased an inexpensive scabbard on Amazon.  Turns out it fits nicely (my 16" PCC has a C-more Railway on it) and despite its price, its held up well.

https://www.amazon.com/byNcStar-Tactical-Rifle-Scabbard-CVRSCB2919B/dp/B0050KFHMG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1495936700&sr=8-3&keywords=rifle+scabbard

I've been using the scabard that Flatland shooter posted and really like it.  However, if for some reason I need to get a basic soft case I was thinking of something like this:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035M1F8Q/ref=s9_acsd_zwish_hd_bw_b3WJoLT_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_r=DZVW9K3K303R0YVNHGBJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=34dd269d-3c1e-57ae-b3d4-fc3d684819fa&pf_rd_i=3225963011

No backpack straps, though. 

13 hours ago, Pirate said:

I have a 511 brand "shock" case. It's well made and very simple. Worth looking into. 

Simple clean, looks good...would need to carry a second bag for mags ammo and gear...hmm.

Most matches have you carry the bagged rifle to the Line or a berm to unbag. I don't keep anything in the gun case other than the gun for that reason. My range bag with everything else rides in the wagon. 

On 5/29/2017 at 7:58 AM, Pirate said:

Most matches have you carry the bagged rifle to the Line or a berm to unbag. I don't keep anything in the gun case other than the gun for that reason. My range bag with everything else rides in the wagon. 

That's a good point, that may cause me to go a little more minimalist.

Edited by cj36d

A 16" rifle should fit in a 35" to 38" soft case. Bulldog cases are cheap and they work OK but they are known to have poor quality zippers (which seems to be the problem with most inexpensive cases).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...