Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prefer Shadow Orange to Shadow 2

Fasthenk65

Moving to production soon. CZ guns new to me coming from STI. Bought a Shadow Orange and couldn't resist S2 :-) Both have been worked on:

- 10 lbs recoils spring

- 11lbs main spring

- soft firing pin spring

- competition hammer

- brass grips (SO)

- disco 0,4 (SO)

- Both triggers fantastic (SO better in DA)

After shooting several thousands of rounds I came to the conclusion that SO is "calmer" (shooting flatter) and is more accurate for me (though grip on S2 is definitely higher) and ' points' faster... Am I the only one preferring the Shadow Orange to the S2?

SO 15yards

Edited by Fasthenk65

I have a shadow orange and a accu shadow and had another regular shadow.  I bought a shadow 2. 

I feel the accu is the most accurate.

I can't/couldn't  tell a difference in recoil between any of them. Some say the Accu had less recoil but I can't feel it.  I was surprised the S2 didn't feel like it recoiled less. It felt just like the Shadow 1 to me. I to had the same springs in all guns. 

I didn't keep the S2. Didn't really gel with it. Though, sometimes it takes some time to kinda bound with a gun. 

Edited by B_RAD

I'd say it's because on paper the shadow 2 is an improvement.

But in reality they do the same job, and the improvements while nice for the seasoned shooter are just bettering an already effective system.

personally I think the best upgrade is the frame checkering and the mag release.

Edited by goshimu

16 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Moving to production soon. CZ guns new to me coming from STI. Bought a Shadow Orange and couldn't resist S2 :-) Both have been worked on:

- 10 lbs recoils spring

- 11lbs main spring

- soft firing pin spring

- competition hammer

- brass grips (SO)

- disco 0,4 (SO)

- Both triggers fantastic (SO better in DA)

After shooting several thousands of rounds I came to the conclusion that SO is "calmer" (shooting flatter) and is more accurate for me (though grip on S2 is definitely higher) and ' points' faster... Am I the only one preferring the Shadow Orange to the S2?

SO 15yards

Makes sense that the SO would be more accurate than the Shadow 2 since the SO has a hand fit bushing and some of the factory bushing have a little play in them. A CGW 10x Production legal bushing will give you the same accuracy as a accu shadow.

Makes sense that the SO would be more accurate than the Shadow 2 since the SO has a hand fit bushing and some of the factory bushing have a little play in them. A CGW 10x Production legal bushing will give you the same accuracy as a accu shadow.

Regarding the accuracy of shadow 1 with a cgw 10x bushing. I had to ask for an overlay on a target yesterday, too big to be 1 9mm hole but small enough to question it, turns out it was indeed two bullet holes basically thru the same ragid hole!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk