Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo getting hung up in Bladetech

LeviSS

I pulled the tension screws out of mine new looked at the rub marks from the gun and with prodigious use of sandpaper and plastic polish it now works as well as my USPSA holster which has worked great from the beginning on an aluminum hanger.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my S2 hung up in my Bladetech holster for the first 100 or so draws, nothing a little dry fire won't clear up. Now it draws smooth and fast.....eeer as fast as I can go. 

I got a RHT for my 1911 and wasn't all that impressed. The gun didn't fit in right. It took some time with a heat gun to get it better. After a few 100 draws it wore in enough to work just like my Bladetech. But the Bladetech was cheaper. Bladetech holsters have never hung up with my CZ, Glock, M&P, Sig, 2011 and 1911, only the Tanfo S2. 

9 minutes ago, mjmagee67 said:

Yes my S2 hung up in my Bladetech holster for the first 100 or so draws, nothing a little dry fire won't clear up. Now it draws smooth and fast.....eeer as fast as I can go. 

I got a RHT for my 1911 and wasn't all that impressed. The gun didn't fit in right. It took some time with a heat gun to get it better. After a few 100 draws it wore in enough to work just like my Bladetech. But the Bladetech was cheaper. Bladetech holsters have never hung up with my CZ, Glock, M&P, Sig, 2011 and 1911, only the Tanfo S2. 

Interesting.

RHT molded an absolutely perfect holster for my S3 and the new Q5Match I'm shooting. Gun won't rock, even with the tension fully backed off.

Bladetech holster for the S3 wouldn't let the gun insert fully until I extensively reshaped the bottom 1" at the muzzle with a heat gun. 

Finally have enough time in with the blade tech/S2 to have an opinion. Can find no fault, after using loctite on the tension screws and dremeling down a bit where mag release is closest to holster. 

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I did all that with mine too. I actually had an issue with the mag release getting hit and the mag falling out on the draw. I dremeled it down and still had the hang up issue. The rht is better in every way. 

Tempted to try another rht for my back up rig. Have bought 3 & one fits great but the other two were kind of a sloppy fit which I didn't like, the BT required some fiddling as noted but it was fixable and works great for me. 

Not sure there is a bad option.