Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody make a 320 tungsten guide rod

Edge40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2017 at 3:51 PM, Ck867 said:

Has anyone used this in their gun and can make weight still to be production legal? If so, which magazine basepad are you using?

Running P320 X5 ...

I have found .. if you are running the Springer X5 Tungsten guide rod ... AND the Springer competition floor plates (inside mag)... AND the Springer EZ .375" base pads ...

YOU WILL be overweight for USPSA production by about 0.15oz.

All I did was remove the competition floor plates and replace with stock floor plates.  Puts you about 0.20oz under the max weight.

Hope that helps!

18 minutes ago, J.P. Thomas said:

Running P320 X5 ...

I have found .. if you are running the Springer X5 Tungsten guide rod ... AND the Springer competition floor plates (inside mag)... AND the Springer EZ .375" base pads ...

YOU WILL be overweight for USPSA production by about 0.15oz.

All I did was remove the competition floor plates and replace with stock floor plates.  Puts you about 0.20oz under the max weight.

Hope that helps!

That is very helpful. I appreciate the info!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have *NOT* tested my competition loads in the new X5 yet...but I ran the following load at the 2016 USPSA Production Nationals and all matches there after in my GrayGuns customized P320:

BlueBullets 147gr round nose

1.140 OAL

ALL same cases (Starline, Blazer, FC, and SPEER)

VV N320 @ 3.2gr

CCI #500 primers

Interesting the lighter spring weights with the 147 gr.
I'm using a 19# with 125 gr. Bayou bullet, 4.2 N320, Springer tungsten guide rod, GrayGuns FCU, with excellent results.
I shot my first match today with my 320 X5, this is by far the flattest-shooting, most accurate 9mm I have ever fired. I've never shot that many 'A's  before.

Edited by bomadera

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought my SP tungsten guide rod when I ordered my X5 holster from Red Hill Tactical.  And then I realized I have to wait for the holster before I get the guide rod.  Oh well, I can't run the gun until I get the holster...

In case it isn't clear, the talk above about making weight is only for Production.  The X5, even with a bunch of add-ons like the tungsten guide rod and optic is still about 8-10oz UNDER weight for Carry Optics.  In fact, I wish there was another way to ADD weight...

13 hours ago, CHLChris said:

I bought my SP tungsten guide rod when I ordered my X5 holster from Red Hill Tactical.  And then I realized I have to wait for the holster before I get the guide rod.  Oh well, I can't run the gun until I get the holster...

In case it isn't clear, the talk above about making weight is only for Production.  The X5, even with a bunch of add-ons like the tungsten guide rod and optic is still about 8-10oz UNDER weight for Carry Optics.  In fact, I wish there was another way to ADD weight...

It makes weight in production if you use the appropriate base pads for your magazine. Not much to spare. As for carry optics, plenty of room to spare. However, I have been enjoying the lighter gun when I draw and transition.