Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open Blaster

Gman57

Adam knocked it out of the park with my custom open gun. Built it in 9mm major and when I was working up the loads today on the chrono this gun was punching one ragged hole in the sighting target. Just a couple of phone pics for now.

Atlas012.2.jpg 

Atlas08.2.jpg

Nice! I still (to my taste) find the 'overbite' effect of the dust cover being longer than the slide a bit awkward looking. My eye just gets drawn to it (even though they do a great job blending the comp to it). 

I think either run the dust cover all the way to end of the comp or cut it off level with slide. 

I will give them points for trying something a bit different though. 

I have to say their work overall looks really nice. :)

Edited by BeerBaron

Amazing looking gun!  I like the long dust cover don't see to many open gun set up like that.  When you get tired of it let me know I maybe interested in it.

1 hour ago, nbot said:

Did you opt for a standard racker or a SVI Racker? 

SVI 40 degree slide racker, just took it off when I was cleaning it and didn't make it on for the photo shoot.... :o

49 minutes ago, lcs said:

Awesome looking gun.  Did Adam recommend a load?  What load are you using?

7.0 gr WAC with 124 gr MG JHP @ 1.163 OAL = Avg. 1397 fps or 173 PF

Just now, Gman57 said:

7.0 gr WAC with 124 gr MG JHP @ 1.163 OAL = Avg. 1397 fps or 173 PF

It is hard to tell from the pictures.   Barrel holes?  I think 2, with one in the comp?

24 minutes ago, Gman57 said:

Digital Link from Competition Electronics.... blue tooth connection to the chrono from the phone/app

My competition Electronics Chrono is probably 25 years old, only bluetooth back then was from kissing a Smurph.

Nice gun. I was looking at that at the shop when it came in from coating.  Try Hs6 8.2 grains with a 124 jhp at 1.165. It should put you around 169 pf with a super nice dot track.  I didn't get to shoot that one or I could tell you for sure.

17 minutes ago, AWLAZS said:

Nice gun. I was looking at that at the shop when it came in from coating.  Try Hs6 8.2 grains with a 124 jhp at 1.165. It should put you around 169 pf with a super nice dot track.  I didn't get to shoot that one or I could tell you for sure.

I'll get a pound and give it a whirl... what OAL are you running?

Adam likes the Ramshot. I have used that in the past but you lose velocity hs the temp goes up. Living in vt and then nationals in Vegas was a pain. 

I have shot that load in his guns and it's super nice. I just didn't get to shoot yours. That gray on gray looks even better in person.