Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limiting Bolt Travel

Let's say, hypothetically, a guy has a gun with a Kaw Valley buffer. Travel is already limited just past the bolt catch. If the hypothetical guy isn't concerned with bolt hold back, is there a reason not to limit travel a little more? The bolt face is traveling well past the ejector and mag.

It can be done, Ive done it and I know at least one other person that has done it. Worked pretty well, but I like being able to lock the gun back for malfunctions and it makes putting the flag in easier. Just make sure it travels far enough to get the hammer to cock and catch on the disconnector. 

52 minutes ago, mike4045 said:

I use a bad lever to handle lock back. I swapped to a 308 spring to help limit travel.

BAD lever isn't going to help when limiting travel like what is being discussed and buffer springs don't limit travel unless you have a setup where the spring goes solid. If you are doing that, that's not good. 

The spring is keeping from bottoming out. No crash when it comes back.

It shouldn't bottom out in the first place, but I'd be willing to bet it is slamming closed pretty hard with that spring. You'll see the red dot bounce a lot more with it if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cons on limiting the travel is as stated the bolt won't lock back and when you tune the travel to a load you stand the risk of not resetting the trigger if you experience a slightly underpowered load.

bmiller on here is making some great 3-D parts for the PCC.  He makes a buffer stop that really is nice and not very expensive.  I have one and really like it.  It limits travel , but it still lets my rifle lock back.  Contact bmiller and tell him Tommy Roupe told you about it.  He is a great guy to deal with.

Tommy

On 5/26/2017 at 2:39 PM, troupe said:

bmiller on here is making some great 3-D parts for the PCC.  He makes a buffer stop that really is nice and not very expensive.  I have one and really like it.  It limits travel , but it still lets my rifle lock back.  Contact bmiller and tell him Tommy Roupe told you about it.  He is a great guy to deal with.

Tommy

How do I find bmiller?

I don't know how you search bmiller, I am kind of computer dumb.  Email Brian at this email,

Deanna <dandbmiller@hotmail.com>;  I figured this much out, tell Brian that you talked to Tommy Roupe about his printed parts.  Hope it helps.
Edited by troupe