Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 - Cases Hitting Shell Plate Feeding into Station 1

Just started having an issue where my cases are hitting the edge of the shell plate when feeding into station one.  This causes a full stop.  I have to release pressue off the handle, which I guess lets the shell plate align properly, then the case will feed into the shell plate properly.  I don't have an issue with any other stations, so it must be just the tiniest bit out of alignment, or maybe its not rotating fast enough?  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  Upon further inspection it appears as though its the primer mechanism.  Its moving slightly and appears to not always time correctly.  

Edited by kornface13

On 5/23/2017 at 10:51 PM, kornface13 said:

Just started having an issue where my cases are hitting the edge of the shell plate when feeding into station one.  This causes a full stop.  I have to release pressue off the handle, which I guess lets the shell plate align properly, then the case will feed into the shell plate properly.  I don't have an issue with any other stations, so it must be just the tiniest bit out of alignment, or maybe its not rotating fast enough?  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  Upon further inspection it appears as though its the primer mechanism.  Its moving slightly and appears to not always time correctly.  

Have you adjusted your case insert slide? Is it possible it got worn out a bit and isnt pushing the case as forward as it should? I would start with that.