Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for a 40 cal single stack

Oldminger

I am 99% sure they do. I don't own any but that is what they were made for. I hold back from certain because of mags like that shit Wilson makes where the 8 rounders don't fit without filing.

Buy the Tripp 10mm 10 rounders from Dawson as they grind the basepad just enough on the leading edge so that it fits the box. Mine have passed no problem at multiple big matches. They feed and reload better than other options.

17 minutes ago, fishsticks said:

Buy the Tripp 10mm 10 rounders from Dawson as they grind the basepad just enough on the leading edge so that it fits the box. Mine have passed no problem at multiple big matches. They feed and reload better than other options.

thanks

I'm partial to 40, have 2 Dan Wessons and an STI Duty One. Can run major or minor loads. 40 minor is even more pleasant than 9 minor ;) Like others stated, if you load for 40 already, this is the way to go. But, it is getting harder to find 40 cal 1911's. Apparently, USPSA are the only shooters who really love this configuration. Try to find a used STI Trojan. Best value in the SS market in my opinion. Have heard good things about the new Sigs, too, although I have not shot one myself. Dawson Tripp 10 rounders are the ticket. I have a stack of them; they fit the box and they run great.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Adam from Atlas Gunworks build me a .40 cal single stack. Amazing gun, even better customer service. Perfect fit and finish and best trigger I've ever felt. Best is that I shoot both major and minor with it. I liked my experience so much, Adam is building me a limited gun

1 hour ago, zinger4040 said:

I had Adam from Atlas Gunworks build me a .40 cal single stack. Amazing gun, even better customer service. Perfect fit and finish and best trigger I've ever felt. Best is that I shoot both major and minor with it. I liked my experience so much, Adam is building me a limited gun

Can I ask what your minor load is? Some say 40 cal minor is nicer to shoot than 9mm minor.

Just now, EliteGuard said:

Will the .40 SS guns from the factory run the loaded long ammo used in an Edge?

I have no problem running both loads in my DVC Limited and my Sig Max. I have the Wilson Combat 47d Magazines for the single stack. No issues at all. I load out to 1.180 OAL.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:01 PM, Mikeski said:

I have no problem running both loads in my DVC Limited and my Sig Max. I have the Wilson Combat 47d Magazines for the single stack. No issues at all. I load out to 1.180 OAL.

Same here. I am loaded to 1 19 oal

On 5/30/2017 at 7:50 PM, fastluck13 said:

I am 99% sure they do. I don't own any but that is what they were made for. I hold back from certain because of mags like that shit Wilson makes where the 8 rounders don't fit without filing.

Mine fit the box but if you load 10 you end up being scored minor. But with 8 rounds loaded in them they are super soft to seat while reloading

dcalvert

I think it's certainly worth considering a 10mm and re-barrelling for 40. With the  lack of native 40 cal pistols around makes sense to widen the net. Years back I had an old Delta Elite in 10 that I re barrelled for 40. No problems at all.