Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

16-40

wingnut

Have a chance to buy a 16-40 Dawson-Jarrett limited gun with 6 mags is it worth $1200.00 or should I go with a $2500 2011. I am 64 and not going to be a master shooter. need help

The key to the offer are the mags.  Are they OEM Canadian Made?  What base, follower and springs.  This is where the money is made up.  Base P16 can be found ~600 - 800 pretty easy.  TJ edition is nothing super special.  If the mags are Canadian say with Dawson base-pads I would put them at ~50 each.  So, $1200 with the gun being in very good shape, mags not worm is about the top.  If all the goodies are there and solid, this can be an OK value. 

Just a note, I have over  a dozen complete Canadian mags with Dawson pads.  I picked up 3 MBX mags for Para out of curiosity.   I am now using them exclusively and have not looked back.  So you need to factor this option into your find.   I will slowly liquidate my Para Canadians to people in need.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 0:19 AM, rhett45acp said:

The key to the offer are the mags.  Are they OEM Canadian Made?  What base, follower and springs.  This is where the money is made up.  Base P16 can be found ~600 - 800 pretty easy.  TJ edition is nothing super special.  If the mags are Canadian say with Dawson base-pads I would put them at ~50 each.  So, $1200 with the gun being in very good shape, mags not worm is about the top.  If all the goodies are there and solid, this can be an OK value. 

Just a note, I have over  a dozen complete Canadian mags with Dawson pads.  I picked up 3 MBX mags for Para out of curiosity.   I am now using them exclusively and have not looked back.  So you need to factor this option into your find.   I will slowly liquidate my Para Canadians to people in need.

I might be interested with your Canadian 40 mags...