Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Maryland

Been lurking here for a while and have been wanting to get in to the competitive action shooting for a while now and have recently starting shooting at my clubs (AGC in Baltimore) multi-gun shoots.

Not new to shooting, but somewhat new to the action side of things. I shoot on bullseye league weekly at the same club, and occasionally trap to keep my shotgun skills up =) 

Right now I'm shooting with not quite the right gear for gaming but I'm in the process of putting together a limited rig for a G35 I'm picking up soon,

currently I'm running a Sig P220 .45 (thank god I reload lol), a police trade in Beretta 1200FP that I am converting in to a hybrid with benelli M2 parts (9rd mono tube and 24" M2 barrel/forend)

And a franken-AR that I assembled years ago which is a dpms lower, rock river 2 stage NM trigger, rock river heavy 16" SS mid-length (over)gas(ed) system, Troy/Vtac Alpha free float and currently a 1.5-5x scope (looking at replacing this with a Holosun Paralow HS503G RDS - ACSS reticle) 

Looking forward to trying USPSA match soon as I get my G35 rig together and tested 

Thanks for the welcome,

I'm mostly in the right direction, with some small mistakes :rolleyes:, like that 9rd tube on the shotgun... 

I figured out the day after it shipped that a 10rd would have been a better pick, RCI even called me and tried to talk me in to the 10rd and I didn't quite understand at the time why. 

Next day after watching some 3 gun vids on youtube and and reading some rules it hit me, 8 in the tube off the start, 10rd w/ +2 extension = quad load on the shotgun at the start of the run, guess I have to deal with 7 in the tube on the start depending on stage planning... DOH 

And I'm definitely enjoying the forums here, lots of good helpful info. I currently blame the reloading section for the Dillon 650 that I now want to order to go between the rock chucker and the SDB .45 press I have now :lol: 

• 1 month later...

I blame the forums for this... :lol:

New XL650 w/ case feeder setup for 9mm, 40 S&W and .223. Currently breaking it in with 125gn The Blue Bullets in 9mm, will be doing 200gn 40s next. 

And my blasting rig there, DAA belt, race master holster, Glock 35 w/ Wolff springs comp spring kit, 4.5lb striker spring, 14lb recoil spring, Jager extended rod, Dawson sights, Lonewolf Alphawolf threaded 9mm conversion barrel (I use for local outlaw 3 gun matches), ETS mags, Dawson extended base pads, TTI extended base pads.

Next up is to start bending some kydex up and make some more mag pouches and other stuff up   

LyqOUScl.jpg

New video as well, neat to see how much my shooting has changed since May (and a bunch of gear changes as well), new brake and adjustable gas block on the AR made a visible difference in recoil impulse on that rifle 

14 hours ago, ClangClang said:

Nice shooting! Did you wind up buying the G35 yet?

Had a used G35 paid for at the store when I did my first post, scroll up a couple of posts to the one w/ the new reloading press w/ the G35 sitting in front of it =)