Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Super crank key way loose

The handle on my 1050S has some addtional give in it.  At the top or bottom of the stroke, I can push it, with not a lot of force, an additional amount to a hard stop.  After a lot of examination, and pulling it apart, and more examination, I have verified the key way on the crank shaft is a little bit wider than the key.  The key is not disfigured, and fits in the crank arm very snugly. This extra amount of room in the crank arm key way is what is causing the crank arm, and thus the handle, to have additional movement.  This is causing me a lot of issues.  I have an AmmoBot on the 1050, so it screws up the location of the home switch, which can do wierd things.  I feel pretty sure it also contributes to the occasional high primers I have seen.  And when there is a jam, I am sure the crank moves alignment due to the key way slop, and then things get out of kilter. 

I've seen a couple posts here with similar issue, but never found a resolution. 

I have been able to cut a couple of shims from a soda can to get the slop out of the key way.  I have not tried it with this yet, as I will be calling Dillon today and see what they say.

I have a video, and will try to post it, that shows the amount of play that is resulting in the end of the handle. 

Edited by GregJ

Here is a video of the play in the handle as a result of the loose key way on the crank shaft.  I secured the crank arm to the bench, and was lightly moving the crank handle. 

Dillon rocks. I sent them my okd crank shaft and key on mon. Today I received a new crank shaft, key, and crank arm. Will put it back together this weekend, but this looksa like problem solved. ??