Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LimPro 40 barrel OD?

OPENB

Could someone with a 40 LimPro measure the outside diameter of their barrel? I want to know if a 9mm barrel would drop into a 40 slide. I can only find 40 LimPros now since they've been discontinued. 

The breech face will be different. The OD of all the straight barrels are the same. They make a straight barrel and a cone Barrel. I'm not sure if you could get the 40 breech face to run 9. You might have to buy a caliber conversion from EAA if you can find one. It would be a new upper, complete slide, Barrel, guide rod, and I believe one magazine. As far as production legality I honestly don't know.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Do you think the breech face would be far enough off? My 9mm barrel in a Glock 22 runs perfectly, 100%. I checked the top ends for sale. As much $$ as a complete gun.  Why Tanfo dropped the LP is beyond me. 

I was originally looking at the LimPro before picking up a S2.  A well known Tanfo Smith offered to convert an easier to find one in 38 Super to 9mm.  They also said it would be Production legal since the caliber is unchanged.  I would have looked into that rule further to make sure had I gone that way though. 

Edited by NWfront