Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire Eclipse / 24C

I just installed Hiperfire Eclipse (24C). I'm using a Noveske Gen 3 lower with a Magpul STS 60* Ambi Safety

I believe that this is what's happening, as described at the Hiperfire site here:

In some cases the cavity depth with respect to the trigger pivot is too shallow. When the trigger is let-off, the rear portion strikes the cavity floor, preventing the disconnector from releasing the hammer (reset). Fix it by removing some material from the trigger; just enough to permit reset.

or perhaps it's this...

PROBLEM: No Hammer Reset After taking a shot, the hammer does not reset when the trigger is fully let-off. 1) The lower receiver pivot pin spacing is too close together, or the lower receiver’s pivot pin holes are worn out (diameters too large, or oblong) preventing disengagement of the semi-auto disconnector’s sear with the hammer’ secondary sear. See the Figure at left showing the in-spec FCG fire control cavity and pivot holes spacing dimensions. 2) The pistol grip screw is too long. It prevents the trigger from rotating fully forward at the trigger bow because the rear underside hits the protruding pistol grip’s attachment screw. 3) Debris is in the FCG cavity (small bits of gravel, blown primer cups, shards of cartridge brass, etc.) preventing the trigger from rotating fully forward, because of an obstruction along the trigger’s rear underside.

So I've already tried here and here with no luck.

Will my problem be solved by switching away from the ambi safety to a mil spec safety?

Can someone please advise/help?

Here is the information on ambi-safeties that will not work with the Hiperfire triggers.  

https://www.hiperfire.com/faq/are-hipertouch-24-series-triggers-compatible-with-ambidextrous-safeties-or-other-ambi-controls/

The Noveske/Magpul safety is not on the list but the barrel portion looks a lot like the Seekins ambi-safety.  Might be a problem.

Do you have a mil-spec safety available to drop in to see if it helps?

FYI, I have the CMMG ambi-safeties in three guns with Hiperfire triggers and no problems from any of them.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

RE: Will my problem be solved by switching away from the ambi safety to a mil spec safety?

Troubleshooting 101. Start with the easy-to-do troubleshooting. Swap out the safety selector with a mil-spec type safety selector that is known to be compatible. See if this fixes the issue.

Email us as sales@hiperfire.com or contact us at (651) 762-2800 for further questions.

HIPERFIRE Tech Support

• 3 weeks later...

hoooray for hiperfire rep..... 

I just installed a 24 3g into one of my lowers, and I love it.   i watched some install videos on it on youtube, (i know i know) butI do remember people saying that some of the safety selectors did not want to work, and others had no problems with them...  just do as they recommend, install a standard mil spec, make sure it works, and then if you insist on an ambi, try different brands. 

im not sure if not using a mill spec safety voids any warranty? maybe the rep can speak to that.