Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Feeds

Using Extrem 124JHP at 1.110- yesterdays match had double feeds after approx the 5th round was fired-

mags are NEW from Brownells-their brand- 32 rounds. The mag that holds 40 rounds- with TF base pad-

had the follower and spring stuck all the way down into the bottom of the mag pad- never was able to

take apart.

But the other 3 32 round mags did the same thing- after the 5th round got double feeds- so #6&7 had to

be cleared then all was well- IF I have to down load this mags 5 or 6 rounds- and I did not try that- what

good are they?

CMMG bolt and barrel- Han Block bottom insert.

First check that the mag springs are not in backwards. 

Also what is your double feed? One empty and one live round or two live rounds?

mag blocks are extremely sensitive to position in the magwell for feed reliability. 

Mick

mags are right out of the package- springs in correctly-

It chambers a round- and another jumps in nose to the primer

on the one in the chamber- and the bolt stops-

Han block can really only go in just so much- meaning it has to go 

into position and lock into the slot of the mag release- then tighten

the set screw.

are they colt pattern mags i am assuming? if so, there was a guy running colt pattern mags in a dedicated 9mm lower.  he was getting the same double feed as you.  another shooter stepped in and said the feed lips are probably too wide and they need bent in more.  i have an MPX so it's not something i'm going to go digging into, but you might.

Hello: If they are Metalform mags which they should be get the extra power springs from Wolff and that should solve your problem. That is what I did and it worked great. I used the 32 round springs in my 20 round mags with the TF base pads. After I installed the extra power springs the mags will only hold 38 rounds but feed 100% now. Check the feed lips for burrs. What is your overall length you are running in the mags? Thanks, Eric

1.110 PD 147gr JHP TG powder.

Had the TF and their spring in a new tube. Put in 40 no go. Did not try less. And I got the follower and spring jammed into the base pad and it still stuck there.

Went back to the 20 round mags for the rest of my pitiful match! ? 

Edited by Rolex

Try tapping the base pad on more--I had to use a plastic tipped mallet to get my TF extended base pads fully flush on the magazines. Also remove the retaining plate from the springs before installing the base plate.

23 hours ago, Dannybot said:

Try tapping the base pad on more--I had to use a plastic tipped mallet to get my TF extended base pads fully flush on the magazines. Also remove the retaining plate from the springs before installing the base plate.

What? will the TF fit over the stock base pad?  I don't think so 

6 hours ago, Rolex said:

What? will the TF fit over the stock base pad?  I don't think so 

Hello: I think he is referring to getting the TF base pad all the way onto the magazine tube. Make sure the closed end is touching the magazine and the locking screw is touching the "O" ring. Thanks, Eric

Yes.  What Eric said. More precisely what I meant to say was that the base plate is fully seated on the magazine.  I was able to tighten the locking screw on mine without complete seating and the spring was sticking and I could not fully load the magazines.