Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

13 DQ At Single Stack Nationals?

37 minutes ago, Mhall said:

Feel the same way. 

Its been said that you MUST be a member (one would assume current member) to shoot level 2 or higher. 

It hasn't just been said.

Match Level:                                                                   I    II   III   Nationals
1. Must follow current USPSA rules                               M  M   M       M
2. Competitors must be USPSA members(Section 6.4) R  M   M       M

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/21/2017 at 7:52 AM, rowdyb said:

single digit percentage dq of a match doesn't raise an eyebrow for me. once it gets above 10% then i start to take notice.

Particularly when there are 20 stages, I assume. 

While the majority were 180's, we had 2 or 3 AD over the berms, one unload and show clear, boom, one on table loaded, hammer back and safety off (usual production shooter, 1st match with 1911)  and a handling unsupervised in porta-potty. :surprise:

Revolver match had two, both 180s.

Jay

11 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@JayWord unless he punched a .355-.450" hole in the side of the john, how on earth did that guy get caught?

My thought as well.  Perhaps he was still holstering up as he was walking out.

29 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@JayWord unless he punched a .355-.450" hole in the side of the john, how on earth did that guy get caught?

Last time I brought this up the FW's over at doodie about burst a blood vessel. lol

There are ways to know a shooter handled the gun or belt in a portable pottie.

Perhaps the pants vendors are watching...idea...diaper rear door flaps for men and women...unload and clear without a belt removal or reholster at the safe area...get back to that stage quick!  Rear escape hatch option on pants...

Edited by TISCHLJ

8 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

So is it legal to remove your belt in the safe area and leave it there, do your thing in the john and then put it back on in the safe area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard a good plan is to have a gun bag with you.  Go to safety area, bag the gun, carry it with you to the john, carry it back to the safety area, re-holster.  Works for me.  

15 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

So is it legal to remove your belt in the safe area and leave it there, do your thing in the john and then put it back on in the safe area?

5.2.1 seems to imply that you can do so ... but I wouldn't want to leave my entire rig out in the open ...

34 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

Yes

18 minutes ago, teros135 said:

5.2.1 seems to imply that you can do so ... but I wouldn't want to leave my entire rig out in the open ...

People leave guns on safe tables to poop fairly often. Rarely does anybody mess with other shooters stuff.

7 hours ago, JayWord said:

While the majority were 180's, we had 2 or 3 AD over the berms, one unload and show clear, boom, one on table loaded, hammer back and safety off (usual production shooter, 1st match with 1911)  and a handling unsupervised in porta-potty. :surprise:

Revolver match had two, both 180s.

Jay

Jay one of revolver DQ's was not a 180 call. ElPez was shooting stage 1&2 and we were staying hot between stages. He shot stage 1 and made ready for stage 2 and moved to stage 2(25 or so feet). Stage 2 RO said make ready and he took gun out of holster and aimed at a target and pulled trigger forgetting gun was hot.

Not just correcting you Jay just thought it might be a reminder to everyone to be careful on stages like this.

OK now this thread can go back in the crapper.

OOPS, I stand corrected. 3 DQ, 2-180s and an unexpected Boom. It was a nice A on the target. ;)

I'm not sure Nancy should run that shooter at Nationals, maybe Jon can run him. :)

As far as the current thread, when you show up to shoot and no longer have your gun because you left it in the porta-potty, it is not going to go well for you. Reason, "I did not want to drop it in the toilet". Safety area within 5 steps. Here's you sign!

Jay

Edited by JayWord
Not done