Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vepr 12 trigger opinions

I'm trying to decide what trigger to run in my Vepr 12. I got my eye on the AKT UL from ALG, but also noticed CMC makes a drop in AK unit. Anyone got any input? Its the last piece to the puzzle, and then my gun is done.

20170519_102850.jpg

Edited by thepunishur

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure we were talking on Facebook and it looks like you went with the ALG UL, a fine choice!

CMC was kind enough to send me a couple of their AK-Elite flat faced units to test, including modding one for the Vepr 12. The short answer is, it requires a very advanced level of modification to fit in a Vepr 12. It is a superior trigger, and produces a 1lb 14 oz crisp break, very short reset, very little uptake, and just a slight hint of overtravel. 

CMC also supplies my AR triggers, and having tried both the flat and curved, I like the flat quite a bit more. It feels more responsive and 1911 ish. When it comes down to those 70 yard slug shots with the Vepr, I think this is where that CMC will really shine. 

I've handed the project off to another interested party, and in the meantime, the Vepr 12 Modified ALG AKT-EL and AKT-UL are very much available from 4range.com

-V

Yup, we were chatting on Facebook. I love the AKT UL! It's short, light, and crisp. Better that a lot of AR troggrrs I've played. 

It's hard to imagine the CMC being better. Might have to look at it if I ever build a backup.

• 2 weeks later...