Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlanHinMN

STI Mag with TT 4G2

5 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me if the New style STI 40 S&W 140 mm Tubes with the engraving on the front with Gram spring and Gram Follower fit the USPSA Mag guage?   If so will I have room for Skate tape numbers on the bottom?

I don't know why it wouldn't.....but I can tell you that the one Grams spring/follower I had wouldn't stay inside the feed lips of the new mags.......

You really have to use the gauge to know for sure. The tube and what ever basepad you are using will be the main driver. I have never had Grams followers cause a length issue in Para, STI SV or SPS tubes. If the mag is tuned for max capacity, tape can be an issue. Use the gauge.;)

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

I don't know why it wouldn't.....but I can tell you that the one Grams spring/follower I had wouldn't stay inside the feed lips of the new mags.......

Did you load the mags full for a day and have the spring "set"?  I had that when i first put the grams guts in the sti bodies.  Loaded them up full and then unloaded them the next day and that did the trick