Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

quick video ... Patriot Defense Grips

johnbu

On 5/23/2017 at 1:38 PM, ARMAGEDON said:

Have an idea on the price?

Somewhere around the $30-$35 range for the polymer version. The aluminum version will be priced competitively for what's currently available on the market.

On 5/23/2017 at 1:38 PM, ARMAGEDON said:

And colors?

Possibly, still not sure how long I'll produce the polymer version for. These are more or less to hold you guys over a bit longer so I can get the CNC grips finalized. 

On 5/25/2017 at 3:22 PM, blfuller said:

Are these printed from a 3D printer?

Polymer will be..... looked at injection molding and a set of dies cost $15,000. There's no way I could keep the cost go if dropping that much money on just a set of does....

14 hours ago, dopeman said:

Are they making some for witness elite match guns too?

Not messing with the round trigger guard guns at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Jezz said:

any chance some of these grip designs will be available for small frames? 

Stay up to date here" http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/forum/314-patriot-defense/ " for Grip announcements........ and yes we're currently working on Small Frame Tanfo and CZ platforms. Pre-order should open up this evening for the large frame polymer version of the grip.

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Just preordered mine! About 85-90 sets left at the moment.

Better be quick, they're going faster than white castle's at a Grateful Dead concert!

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine. Better video that really lets you see the contours:

First impressions?

I was concerned they'd be too wide. They feel amazing.

I can't imagine needing more traction. Dragging the gun down your forearm will leave scratches if you apply much pressure.

No gaps and I like the way Joe used the screw head as an interference-fit with the hole to keep them from walking around. ;) 

They are slightly harder to reach the mag catch on than a Henning or Scales grip. But only the slightest bit, and they're way better than factory wood grips. After a few dry reloads I don't see the need to carve a channel into them.

16 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Got mine. Better video that really lets you see the contours:

First impressions?

I was concerned they'd be too wide. They feel amazing.

I can't imagine needing more traction. Dragging the gun down your forearm will leave scratches if you apply much pressure.

No gaps and I like the way Joe used the screw head as an interference-fit with the hole to keep them from walking around. ;) 

They are slightly harder to reach the mag catch on than a Henning or Scales grip. But only the slightest bit, and they're way better than factory wood grips. After a few dry reloads I don't see the need to carve a channel into them.

Sweet video Memphis..... I may need you to do Photo shoots for everything :D

44 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Sweet video Memphis..... I may need you to do Photo shoots for everything :D

Here are some halfway decent images you're welcome to use on your website or social media, if you want. I don't do photos professionally anymore so it's cool with me - they're just screencaps from the original HD video on my phone anyway.

SSI Scales vs PD Palm Swell:

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Here are some halfway decent images you're welcome to use on your website or social media, if you want. I don't do photos professionally anymore so it's cool with me - they're just screencaps from the original HD video on my phone anyway.

SSI Scales vs PD Palm Swell:

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4435.JPG

:bow: Those curves.......