Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

quick video ... Patriot Defense Grips

johnbu

Short video of a prototype set ofPatriot  Defense palm swell grips.  Just to be clear... i suck at video!  And I'm just a scrub shooter :(. 

The grips are thicker than the factory wood grips, but they nestle into the palm of your hands and they FEEL smaller. The texture is aggressive, but not annoying aggressive.  I spoke to Joe at PD and the thought is guys that want rougher texture will stipple the plastic or buy the more aggressive cnc metal version. Makes sense and i understand the plastic version will be inexpensive enough to encourage experimentation.

The swell fills the hand nicely and locks in firmly.  Solidly attached to the hand and keeps it on target. 

Sadly, they aren't  quite ready for sale yet (according to Joe).  Not sure what else his OCD is making him fix, they feel pretty dang nice now!   Just a short while to go...

4 hours ago, johnbu said:

Sadly, they aren't  quite ready for sale yet (according to Joe).  Not sure what else his OCD is making him fix, they feel pretty dang nice now!   Just a short while to go...

Very excited to try these!! Any guess-timate regarding availability?? Are we talking a few weeks or months?

2 hours ago, Balakay said:

Very excited to try these!! Any guess-timate regarding availability?? Are we talking a few weeks or months?

I got the impression it's a couple weeks.

He's busy busy busy.

It is an interesting design. I handled a prototype on someone's gun, but handling does not tell you much, got to shoot and compare times. Some people believe that grips with flat sides are easier to control but I've not found a hard data to support that. 

[mention=54061]johnbu[/mention], you must have some bear paws.  I'd never be able to grip those.  I do like the shape however.  

You don't have to have large hands for these grips, they knocked these out of the park in my opinion. I'll be selling my scale 2.0s because I like these prototype grips so much.

3 hours ago, akeefer said:

Howwwwwwww lonnnnnng must we wait with all this tempting!!! Aghhhhhhh

:lol:

Look in the corner of this round room, and you can get the pre-order info....

;)

Guy at the range today with a Match thought the grips made it easier to actuate the mag release.  Everyone likes the grip texture.  Non-tanfo owners want some too.

From the pictures/videos, the grip profile makes them unique.  I do, however, feel that for smaller hands the palm swell is a bit too much, just be looking at the pics.  The concern is the contour is too large, mainly on the right side grip, causing more rotation required to reach the mag release button.  Anyway I will definitely get a pair to try when it is available. 

Is there any plan that PD can make sm/med/lg palm swell grips to fit different sizes of hands?

Edited by JusticeOfToren

I pretty certain that even with small hands it won't be much of an issue, they do thin out pretty good as they go up towards the top and have kind of a scoop to them. I even had my wife handle my stock2 and she thought they were comfortable in her hands too.

2 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

From the pictures/videos, the grip profile makes them unique.  I do, however, feel that for smaller hands the palm swell is a bit too much, just be looking at the pics.  The concern is the contour is too large, mainly on the right side grip, causing more rotation required to reach the mag release button.  Anyway I will definitely get a pair to try when it is available. 

Is there any plan that PD can make sm/med/lg palm swell grips to fit different sizes of hands?

Unofficial word is the grips will be available palm swell and flat profile. Mix and match optionally.

I have not seen the flat version in person.

12 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Unofficial word is the grips will be available palm swell and flat profile. Mix and match optionally.

I have not seen the flat version in person.

Wow, that would be wonderful! 

For me, left side palm swell ensures great weak hand palm contact, while right side flat profile helps reduce the amount of grip rotation during reloads with my small hands.  I will certainly get the mix match option. 

5 hours ago, JordanGriffith said:

When are you going to sell some??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Always searching for those perfect grips. 

Gotta say I'm a big fan of the checkered Hennings except for their weight. 

On 5/21/2017 at 3:13 PM, JordanGriffith said:

When are you going to sell some??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try to get some pictures posted when I get to my computer. 

The contour looks extreme, but once they're in your hand you'll find that they really do fit all sizes. My wife in particular doesn't have large hands and before only liked the Xtreme grips, however she now really likes these palm swells and feels like she can control/drive the gun harder. They just flow really well with the natural contour of most people's palm profile. Pre-orders for the polymer version should open next week for those asking.