Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eagle 6.0 going single shot

NMBOpen

Have to manually cycle the slide, and it ejects a live round. Trigger not resetting? What else to look for?

38 Super 147gr Montana Gold, VV N350 making 1150 fps, 169pf.

No luck with search for "single shot".

I've had this issue where the overtravel screw too close to the limits. Doesn't happen in dry fire. Recoil of the gun has an impact and is intermittent. When you set your overtravel screw, with the trigger pressed raise and lower the hammer to make sure it isn't catching on the sear with the trigger pulled. Then give it an 1/8 turn further out to make sure it has enough clearance without cause issues.

Just back from a test session. Backing the overtravel screw out (counterclockwise from muzzle) made it worse - single shot or light strike. Turned screw in to undo that adjustment, plus an additional fraction of a turn, cleared the problem for me.

Edited by NMBOpen
punctuation

If the trigger is going too far into the frame it might be getting stuck in the frame.  Had this problem when I swapped triggers recently.  I cleaned the back part of the frame where the trigger rides and polished both of the back corners of the outside of the trigger bow.

On 20/05/2017 at 6:51 AM, NMBOpen said:

Just back from a test session. Backing the overtravel screw out (counterclockwise from muzzle) made it worse - single shot or light strike. Turned screw in to undo that adjustment, plus an additional fraction of a turn, cleared the problem for me.

Glad you got it sorted.